CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

phillip

14th June 2012, 09:45
PEER REVIEW 25

A little earlier than expected because I have to go out.

This is a competition for clue setters. The idea (like CLUELESS) is to set a cryptic clue to a given word, unlike Clueless you will be judged by your peers and not the setter of the clue word.

Multiple entries are welcome. You MUST post a clue for your vote to count. One vote per contestant – please state the post number you are voting for.

The entry with the most qualifying votes wins and sets next week’s PEER REVIEW. In the event of a tie the setter chooses the winner.

There is a (roughly) one day time frame. Your clue must be posted by 1.30pm Friday, when voting opens. Voting closes at 8pm Friday, the winner to be announced shortly afterwards.

Early voting would be appreciated, if the result is clear prior to the voting deadline it may be announced before 8pm.

The setter donates an online prize. The setter reserves the right to change the rules in order to deal with unforeseen circumstances. For instance, I may close the voting at any time and declare all votes cast in the last half hour will not count because they are obviously tactical votes. My personal clairvoyant and soothsayer (and world famous mole killer) will be my guidance on this.

Feel free to include an explanation of your clue just in case solver-voters cannot appreciate it.

The word to be clued this week is

MEDDLESOME (10)
1 of 89  -   Report This Post

rambler

14th June 2012, 10:01
Nasty, uncalled-for personal attack (10)
2 of 89  -   Report This Post

chrise

14th June 2012, 10:05
Strangely, deem models interfering
3 of 89  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

14th June 2012, 10:14
Archstanton? Oops sorry that 11. Just a thought.
4 of 89  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

14th June 2012, 10:21
Really I'd prefer the last suggestion, but for 10 letters how about:
Snooping award certain, I hear.
5 of 89  -   Report This Post

ixion

14th June 2012, 10:33
Honey concealing large breasts, so stopping uncle interfering(10)
6 of 89  -   Report This Post

paul

14th June 2012, 12:20
Nosy writer, 50, sold me out with a note (10)
7 of 89  -   Report This Post

ab

14th June 2012, 12:53
4VC x 3MC? Sounds pokey! (10)
8 of 89  -   Report This Post

pastille

14th June 2012, 13:14
Initially caught in the middle of things, mamya evidently didn't dare leave enmity so offered magnanimous extention of the olive branch to the interfering. (10)

AB. Goes for short and sweet....but I am hoping for a special mention for longwindedness...
9 of 89  -   Report This Post

paul

14th June 2012, 13:48
Interfering writer gets support for sole distribution to the Middle East (10)

ME + DD(bra) +(anag) LESO + ME
10 of 89  -   Report This Post