CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrisg

15th May 2012, 11:39
Good morning all regular RT solvers. I was in Norway last week so I didnt get the RT. Managed to complete this weeks puzzle without too many problems (albeit I had to check the answer to 22 across in the Urban dictionary!) Hope you are all well
1 of 40  -   Report This Post

old gal

15th May 2012, 12:00
Hello Chris - did you see the Northern Lights? I am very jealous if you did!!! Am just hot footing it to pick up my RT and will be posting later. Did abysmally last week and didn't finish....
2 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

15th May 2012, 12:19
good afternoon all
I have just this minute picked up my copy,so will start it while lunching.
Hope you got some good photos chrisg.
I have been out "snapping" Great Spotted Woodpeckers this morning.
old gal, don't give up on last week's. You know where to come for hints. I think we could give answers now without a "spoilet alert".
Best wishes
J
3 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

15th May 2012, 12:21
*I think I invented a new word "spoilet" lol
4 of 40  -   Report This Post

chrisg

15th May 2012, 12:56
Hello old gal and jazzgirl. Didnt see the Northern lights - wrong time of the year really. Furtherest north we went was Ulvik which is a fishing village, some 60 miles up a Fjord. Scenery here is stunning with snow still on the mountains.
5 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

15th May 2012, 13:58
Well, finally finished after 1 and a half hours!. 3d was humorous and there were some really clever clues this week.

6 of 40  -   Report This Post

chris4food

15th May 2012, 18:32
Hi everyone
I'm finding it hard this week, been at it for over an hour and still three clues to go...
Jazzgirl 3d is still undone - I've obviously lost my sense of humour!! Got an idea, but don't see how it fits - is the definite answer an animal???
also stuck with 6a and 1d....
Will have my dinner and a glass of wine [or 3]and see if a liberal application of vino helps the thought process - I suspect not, but I won't care by then...
Regards to you all - OldGal have you done your run yet??
confess to a little bit of cheating for 22a, too, Chrisg - forgive my ignorance, but what's an urban dictionary????
7 of 40  -   Report This Post

chris4food

15th May 2012, 18:38
I think asking for help galvanises me!!!! I'm so competitive... think I've got 6a - and I thinks it's humorous - so I haven't had a sense of humour bypass, Jazzgirl!!!
getting 6a reinforces my answer to 3d, but yet again, I can't see why
1d still being defiant....
8 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

15th May 2012, 18:52
hi chris
The one I thought was funny was actually 5d and not 3d ! However, 3d is definitely an animal (a smelly one 1d is the vicar.
Enjoy the wine.
J
9 of 40  -   Report This Post

chris4food

15th May 2012, 18:58
Hi Jazzgirl, yep, 3d was my answer too!!
Still struggling with 1d, but not had liquid refreshment yet....wooops, wait there - got it!!!
Cheers
will now enjoy dinner ....
10 of 40  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 21