CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ruby

6th May 2012, 13:02
I'm fairly new to the site.

Is it usual for people to give the answer to someone rather than a clue e.g. anagram of -

Removes the pleasure of solving doesn't it?
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

the joker

6th May 2012, 13:04
Ruby
It depends on what you ask for,but answers are normally given,unless you state that you only require help.
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

ruby

6th May 2012, 13:12
Ok, thanks for replying Joker.

I guess it depends what people want - and maybe what mood they're in or how much time they have.
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

neveracrossword

6th May 2012, 14:08
I'm fairly new to this site as well and what I have seen so far is a nice mixture of help and occasional solutions where somebody might be pulling their hair out with those solutions which they just can't see! I don't think any helper wants to spoil anyone else's enjoyment and think that this is a really good site - good luck to all solvers!
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

raghu

6th May 2012, 15:24
When you open a thread, you never know whether there would an additional clue or the answer itself.

It would perhaps be nice if those giving the answers could add a "spoiler alert" in the topic.

I do not visit this forum unless I have solved the crossword entirely or have given up and am looking for the answer. Otherwise it would just spoil it for me.

Raghu
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

emrach

6th May 2012, 15:27
I am also new and totally rubbish but extremely grateful for the help I receive. If people are willing to help I think the onus should be on those asking for help to state if they want a clue rather than the answer.
6 of 6  -   Report This Post