CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

1st May 2012, 12:08
I am making one last appeal to those who are familiar with this (as I find) exceptionally difficult puzzle to see if someone is not willing to just give a hint as to how to proceed on the very last stage (moving 4 letters appropriately). 99% I have solved successfully, but my repeated appeals on both forums roughly 3 weeks ago produced no concrete help, merely sarcastic remarks on what " THe Nasties " regarded as my undue haste! I happen to be unable in the coming fortnight ( i.e. right up to the deadline for sending off an entry)to communicate any longer online. I really do think, if these forums are to be used in the right spirit, there are situations in which help should be offered to me by those who seem to know better just as generously as I have helped others in the past. After all, it's not a question of winning anything very considerable. I merely expect a mutual exchange after doing my very best to complete the puzzle alone, and my patience is quickly running out! I hope thet's enough said in the way of justification! Maybe I was just unlucky in receiving the magazine a bit later and then running into that tiny minority of "mean spirits" on these two forums that seems to take a pleasure in playing cat & mouse with others. The latter does not correspond to my attitude, but then maybe I'm just too old-fashioned.....
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

paul

1st May 2012, 12:15
Hi GK: would love to try to help if you can post some details as don't have the puzzle.
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

mamya

1st May 2012, 12:18
Paul, it is on page 48 of this publication..

http://www.alumni.cam.ac.uk/news/cam/cam65/CAM_65_LORES.pdf

GK I have looked and have no clue how to help, sorry.
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

paul

1st May 2012, 12:20
Thanks Mamya. All I get from "the other place" is appeals for money!
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

1st May 2012, 12:24
Thank you so much, Paul: that's grand new beginning to the wonderful month of May that has just broken out here with sunshine & an absolutely unique view of the Pyrenees (after all that rain)!
If you need help with the puzzle up to the final move, I can easily provide answers, of course: it will take even you a while, I think it's safe to say! GK
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

peterm

1st May 2012, 12:41
I'm sorry I can't help GK. I looked at this earlier, and I guess I got as far as you: grid completed, but I couldn't see the final step. It pains me to say that I gave up in the end.
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

paul

1st May 2012, 13:10
Hi GK; got as far as downloadig the front page but at the moment my computer is refusing to go to page 48...Oh well, don't let the b***ers get you down!
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

1st May 2012, 13:14
Hello Paul, i worked on this with GK when he first got the puzzle - do you want me to email the puzzle to you?
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

paul

1st May 2012, 13:17
Yes please. Do you still have my email?
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

1st May 2012, 13:25
No sorry
10 of 12  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » CAM 65