CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ninian

1st May 2012, 09:13
andyc back with a vengeance!
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

rosalind

1st May 2012, 09:16
mmmmm Explanation for us numpties?
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

peg y don

1st May 2012, 10:50
andyc is a retired tax inspector from the Isle of Man who knows all the answers and plays golf. AB is perhaps almost as good. Are you new to the forum?
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

andyc

1st May 2012, 10:53
Hi Rosalind. I'm sure that Ninian will be referring to 6a) in the today's Daily Mail. This clue has a reference to the Isle of Man where I reside. There seem to be very many references in the Mail to the Island which some think is a bit unusual/unfair.

Andy
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

rosalind

1st May 2012, 13:50
I've been around for a few months now, perhaps a year since I started trying to do the Times Jumbo cryptics.
Maybe there are so msny referemces of the Isle of Man because it has some unique features? My neighbours once owned Balla Radcliffe (sorry, don't know how it's written) and two branches of my Christal family ended up there.
Cheers R
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

ninian

1st May 2012, 14:17
Sorry for lack of response Rosalind, had urgent call out.Obviously andy & peg correct, think andy is the setter.IoM great place.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

ninian

1st May 2012, 14:19
Not very impressed with 9a andy!
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

andyc

1st May 2012, 14:22
Asks for a definite knowledge of the game, but he is very famous! If you know any footballer you should be able to recall him.

Trouble is that 11a) needs the answer!
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

ninian

1st May 2012, 16:00
Had the answer, just thought clue bit iffy.I had relative played for Scotland [for what it's worth],no way can think of clue for him.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » DM 1st