CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

17th April 2012, 17:18
Good Afternoon, All.

Not much of a problem this week. All fairly straight forward. Guess this is why I am the first to post a comment.

Thanks for your kind remarks in RT19, Jazzzgirl and Magworth.

Best wishes to all, especially those fighting health problems.

P
1 of 75  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

17th April 2012, 17:26
Hello pipesmoker
Good to see you starting the thread.
I agree, it was far easier than last week's
There were no really tricky ones.
Maybe it was a different setter.
Best wishes to all
J
2 of 75  -   Report This Post

chris4food

17th April 2012, 18:50
Hi Pipesmoker and Jazzgirl, I don't know how long it took you both to complete, but I'm one clue short 20a S-I-N-
Can think of a word, but don't see how it fits.
Liked 11a
All in all it's taken me an hour and a quarter, so I don't know whether that's good or bad!!!
Hope you are both well.
Pipesmoker, was it you who posted last week regarding the diy chest of drawers??? It was so funny - at least you got a chance to get it right first off, next time - if it wasn't you, then apologies and go back to your pipe.. and enjoy
Regards to you both and to all the others yet to post - hope those of you not in the best of health are keeping as well as can be
Chris
3 of 75  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

17th April 2012, 18:55
hi chris
I would say that an hour and a quarter was really good !
20a synonym for thin. (includes a 3-letter word for pub in the middle)
J
4 of 75  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

17th April 2012, 19:06
Apologies chris. I was looking at another clue. Should have said synonym for "very tight" But the same wordplay applies.
J
5 of 75  -   Report This Post

magworth

17th April 2012, 19:16
I didn`t like 20ac as I don`t see it as a good synonym for `tight`. 13d was tricky -I googled the programme and found `parish` is an actress!
Otherwise straightforward. Best wishes to all, M.
6 of 75  -   Report This Post

chris4food

17th April 2012, 19:17
Hi Jazzgirl - as soon as I posted, I got the answer - divine intervention..... but thanks for your help.
Usually, I'm the last to finish, so I read everyone's comments and think what a thickie I am!! Hopefully finding additional clues whilst reading through the posts!!!
Can't believe I came in third....
Cheers
Chris
7 of 75  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

17th April 2012, 19:23
hi Magworth
I thought the setter was thinking "skinny" (in the sense of skin-tight jumpers) maybe .
btw cholesterol is up a bit, so no more treats :((
J
8 of 75  -   Report This Post

chris4food

17th April 2012, 19:41
Hi Magworth, I think skinny as in mean/tight, but I could be wrong, but I, too, didn't think it was a good fit!
Cheers
chris
9 of 75  -   Report This Post

magworth

17th April 2012, 22:22
Hi Jazzgirk and Chris4food. The English language is strange. I think of skinny as very thin - or nowadays `fat free
10 of 75  -   Report This Post