CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

marmalade

9th April 2012, 17:12
no 53. No-one has asked for help with this clue so I feel very slow, but please help
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

kilowatt

9th April 2012, 17:26
When you post a new thread you see the following advice. It's there for a reason.
POSTING TIPS

1. State the name (and number if available) of the puzzle in the thread title. "Stuck", "Help!!!" or "Last One" aren't very useful titles.

2. Give the clue number, the clue and the number of letters and please put this number in parentheses at the end of the clue. If no number of letters is given in the puzzle, then tell us. It also helps to know if the clue is cryptic or general knowledge.

3. Tell us which letters you already have. Try to use spaces around the character you choose for missing letters as it makes it much easier to read. Also try to ensure that the letters given match the stated number of letters in the clue.
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

marmalade

9th April 2012, 19:15
Sorry, this is my first time of asking. Clue 53, He invented clue - almost. (6,4) in Horsing around quiz. I have just finished the other 99 but can't see this on at all.

3 of 11  -   Report This Post

pepperwalker

9th April 2012, 19:16
Its an anagram
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

marmalade

9th April 2012, 19:19
thanks for that but I've tried 'clue almost' and 'he invented'. Maybe I'm just not good at anagrams!
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

marmalade

9th April 2012, 19:27
pepperwalker, can you tell me which 2 words I should concentrate on and then I'll leave you in peace.
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

escher

9th April 2012, 19:34
One of the two you give is correct try using an anagram solver such as https://www.crosswordsolver.org/anagram-solver/
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

marmalade

9th April 2012, 20:17
Still no joy having tried 3 anagram sites!! Shall I give up?
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

hristo

9th April 2012, 20:22
Think of a historical inventor with a surname related to the topic
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

voulez-vous

9th April 2012, 20:34
Samuel Colt
10 of 11  -   Report This Post