CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

scribe

9th April 2012, 14:57
Still struggling with 8. Any clues please
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

9th April 2012, 15:44
When you post a new thread you see the following advice. It's there for a reason.
POSTING TIPS

1. State the name (and number if available) of the puzzle in the thread title. "Stuck", "Help!!!" or "Last One" aren't very useful titles.

2. Give the clue number, the clue and the number of letters and please put this number in parentheses at the end of the clue. If no number of letters is given in the puzzle, then tell us. It also helps to know if the clue is cryptic or general knowledge.

3. Tell us which letters you already have. Try to use spaces around the character you choose for missing letters as it makes it much easier to read. Also try to ensure that the letters given match the stated number of letters in the clue.
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

pepperwalker

9th April 2012, 19:18
Another word for geese around an abbreviation of lake
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

eliza

10th April 2012, 14:38
I'd really appreciate help with
90. During the act of trespass a delinquent went to and from over the same ground (7)
42. It appears that this cowboy could throw a bounder (8) I've read the clues on the long thread but am still stuck
43...but one that could throw you may be separated (9)
5. sadly part with an old nag - he is long gone...(6) again I've tried with previous clues but stuck.
Many thanks.
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

winnie

10th April 2012, 22:27
Hi Eliza
5.Anagram of 2nd and 4th words in clue
42. 4 letter word for throw, think of an animal that is a bounder, the whole word is another name for a cowboy
43.Anagram of the last word
90 Is a 7 letter word hidden in the clue
Hope this helps.
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

eliza

11th April 2012, 09:31
Many thanks Winnie. 5 now sorted, ditto 42. That was what I had but the earlier discussions threw me! Will now work on the other 2.
6 of 6  -   Report This Post