CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

boaz

14th November 2008, 19:15

mike b

14th November 2008, 21:06
Hi Boaz
I see that you are "head crossword setter and chief cruciverbalist" on the site you are directing us to. I'm not sure if it is appropriate to promote your site in this way. What do others on this forum think?
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

paul merrygold

15th November 2008, 02:01
I agree with Mike B. The Forum is a place for discussion (albeit on-line) and an exchange of information. I don't think the facility provided by BOAZ is a welcome addition to this Forum.

Similar to Mike B I would like the opinions of other Forum users.
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

royston bowden

15th November 2008, 08:29
Hi all!

I agree with the others that this not quite what the forum is for.

R.
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

carl danby

15th November 2008, 09:31
I thought it was quite good! Very helpful in fact. It's not as if he's linking to anything illegal or immoral, it's just another resource for people who might want help solvng crosswords!

You don't have to use it. Maybe if Boaz mentioned he was linking to another site in his thread title, so people knew not to open the topic if they're not interested?

Anyway, I have no problem with it.
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

desperate.

15th November 2008, 17:37
I, too, was a little annoyed and disappointed to find what is an advertisement within this forum. However,over regulation can be dangerous, and part of the charm of this forum is the seeming lack of such constraint, in my view. Perhaps a mention in the title of a link would be a helpful solution to all browsers: investigate or ignore.
6 of 6  -   Report This Post