CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

3rd April 2012, 11:31
Good morning all
I've finished except for 19d which is driving me nuts. It's always the short ones that cause the most problems. No hints please as I will keep staring at it until the penny drops.
Till later.... Best wishes
J
1 of 49  -   Report This Post

torvic

3rd April 2012, 11:38
Well done Jazzgirl, 19d was one of the first one I got. When you have it, you will kick yourself.
2 of 49  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

3rd April 2012, 11:44
hi torvic
still no luck here. Off to have coffee. Shin pads at the ready for when I kick myself ;0)
3 of 49  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

3rd April 2012, 12:03
Doh! Ouch !
4 of 49  -   Report This Post

magworth

3rd April 2012, 12:38
Well done Jazzgirl! Last week I zoomed through; this week - hopeless. I`m taking painkillers. maybe that`s why my brain seems full of cotton wool. 19d was one of the few I got! Any hint for 13d would help, please. M.
5 of 49  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

3rd April 2012, 13:01
Hi Magworth,
Sorry to hear you are on painkillers. I hope things get better quickly.
13d is a Detective (originally in a book by Douglas Adams) weapon = short dagger + synonym for carefully.
J

6 of 49  -   Report This Post

magworth

3rd April 2012, 13:55
Thanks again, jazzgirl. That gives me something to work on. M.
7 of 49  -   Report This Post

old gal

3rd April 2012, 14:34
Hello all! Enjoying a spot of rain here! Actually completed last week'puzzle. First time for ages so pleased with myself. Have started on this week so will asks for help later. Having fun on my iPad but keep asking 'old codger'questions like "what exactly is Dropbox & do I want him knowing all my business....
8 of 49  -   Report This Post

mondrian

3rd April 2012, 16:20
Hello everyone. Have only just started Xword so no help needed yet but know I will.

Read last week`s entries yesterday but thought it too late to respond and take the No 14 Xword out of its place in the pecking order.

A little word on behalf of the silent Mrs Pipesmoker and in case anyone is seeking info on Gilmourhill Polytechnic after Pipesmoker`s little joke. What he meant was Glasgow University being Mrs Pipesmoker`s place of study and a very ancient University it is being founded, I understand, in 1451.

Magworth - I am indeed enjoying having a lovely walk-in shower.

Cold weather here now but no snow yet but probably on its way.

See you all later.
9 of 49  -   Report This Post

mondrian

3rd April 2012, 16:46
Jazz girl. I should have said well done to you in completing so speedily. I noticed you were at another thread so you may get this while I am still on line
10 of 49  -   Report This Post