CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

manic mary

2nd April 2012, 19:21
Help, this is a crossword I have just come across and although I have done some of the clues I don't understand the preamble will someone please help.
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

ixion

2nd April 2012, 19:38

tony

2nd April 2012, 20:20
There are 12 clues which are of a kind.

Solve the 4 word quotation which is hidden in rows 3, 6,8 & 10 and it will indicate the method of entry of the 12 solutions.

Come back if you need a push.
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

manic mary

3rd April 2012, 15:18
Thank you both for you help. had a look at the other site but it hasnt really helped and the only words I have are reap and poets which dont mean a thing. Some of the clues seem easy but others are not. Can you help with the 12 or the title am I supposed to anagram it or something?
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

doughnut

3rd April 2012, 22:17
(1) 'poets'is one of the four words you want - the quotation is from Burton's Anatomy of Melancholy. Enough to drive one bonkers?
(2) The twelve clues which have no definitions and only subsidiary indications lead you to solutions which are also anagrams of the surnames of poets; the apparently superfluous words in each of these clues is a quotation from the relevant poet's verse. The anagrams are real words and it is these, not the poets' names, that you enter in the grid. So (purely e.g., not from the puzzle)) 'Work at English linen, for Macavity's not there (5)' should give 'toile'as the entry, and 'Eliot' as the poet. Phew.
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

manic mary

4th April 2012, 08:23
Thank you doughnut I was being very stupid as i had managed to see yeats in a clue and not twigged. Still dont see the title but this is definately a hard xword.
6 of 6  -   Report This Post