CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

theambler

11th March 2012, 19:18
hi julie
AB and I have been toasting in Gaelic and I suddenly thought...
Haven't seen JulieAberdeen on union st recently.
Everything OK?
THEA
1 of 4  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

11th March 2012, 19:44
Wow... you must be telepathetic! Fit Like Ambler. I just happened to be passing the computer and there your were. Yes, eveything is fine - 15 degrees in Aberdeen today - sometimes we don't get that in summer. Haven't been on the Forum as often, it's not quite the same ... miss you and Pipesmoker and TJ and lots of other helpful people too many to mention. I have been doing lots of "reccies" for/with our Ramblers groups. Dare I ask when the next "thingie" is .. As far as gaelic is concerned, although there are some gaelic speakers in Aberdeen but they're mainly in the Highlands, Sutherland, Ross & Cromarty and the Western Isles e.g. Stornoway. Up here the dialect is Doric - Google the Doric Dictionary for an entertaining evening. Being from Edinburgh, but an Aberdonian by contamination, I'm still learning.
Tata the noo
Luv Julie
2 of 4  -   Report This Post

andy from the 'well watp

11th March 2012, 20:18
Living in Aberdeen now is bad, but admitting you are originally from EMBRA is worse.
East is east but the west is the best.
How is your new garden idea getting on compared to Embra's trams?
3 of 4  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

11th March 2012, 20:29
Hi Andy,
I don't know why we needed to get ideas for the gardens from architects in New York. As the gardens are at the moment you wouldn't want to venture down there after dark...you might get a Glesga Kiss ! All it needs is a tidy up and a "parkie". We desperately need an Aberdeen by-pass - first proposed in 1947 and still the subject of planning appeals. Cheerybywell - as we say in Edinburgh
4 of 4  -   Report This Post