CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

norm

31st August 2009, 12:59
not sure i have all the correct letters for this one so will just give you the bare bones. The clue is Inky has fleas (4-4-4) thanks
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

mamya

31st August 2009, 13:42
Think you may have to try us with the letters you have as nothing is happening here, though I was certain it was an anagram, now not so sure
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

scunner

31st August 2009, 13:59
'has fleas' = half-seas-over?
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

norm

31st August 2009, 14:25
scunner thanks! my letters were correct and it fits in!
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

anniec

31st August 2009, 16:33
Scunner - that was a stunner!
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

slioch

31st August 2009, 17:28
something is niggling me about this clue and the answers given - should the answer not be half-seas-oWer? I`m saying this because of the clue to 20 across - Bottle Banker; to which I think the answer is Wessel, not Vessel (there is no River Vessel unless we`re taking the German pronounciation of W as V). W would fit because ower is the Scots alternative to over - just a thought.
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

stewartry

31st August 2009, 18:00
An excellent thought but I think you are wrong. Wessel is not a bottle but vessel is and I'm not sure about a river Wessel. And the dictionary Myops tends to use has half-seas-over and not half-seas -ower. Though maybe a T-shirt depends on it!!
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

norm

31st August 2009, 18:52
oh no i have sent mine off now - hope half seas over is right!!
8 of 8  -   Report This Post