CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

keenquizzer

1st March 2012, 13:49
Following on from my recent comments about perhaps not helping too much with this one
This is the website
http://freespace.virgin.net/neville.mizen3/
This time this one is also for macmillan cancer support
and I know its been said people dont know what quiz they are from when they are asked so the title of this is horsing around
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

nonplussed

1st March 2012, 15:30
Wouldn't be surprised to see all the answers ehre beofre the end of next week!
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

delta

15th March 2012, 12:38
I agree with the view that hints should be just that and no more . Certainly not the actual answer. Having said all that I would appreciate a couple of hints on horse quiz questions 67 and 71
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

ab

15th March 2012, 12:57
67 - Possibly think last of valiant = t + anagram of heroes + territorial army + T (time) and a word for as well. - T William's play, but horse connection escapes me?
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

ab

15th March 2012, 12:59
T Williams' play, to be exact.
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

delta

15th March 2012, 18:43
Thank for the hint on 67. The last word of the answer refers to a military display with horses included
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

ab

15th March 2012, 19:06
Glad it fits the bill.
Could see the double meaning in the third word but it seemed a thin connection with equine matters. There is no definition of it referring specifically to horses (Chambers doesn't mention horses at all). By the same logic it could have been (apart from the number of letters) another TW play The Glass Menagerie on the grounds that wild horses could be part of a menagerie.
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

nonplussed

15th March 2012, 19:27
My Chambers (10th edition I think) gives as it's 3rd (perhpas 4th) definition of the 6 letter word as a breed of horse.
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

ab

15th March 2012, 19:32
Thanks, Nonplussed. In the 12th edition it's in a separate entry as "native bred Indian pony". Should have looked undreneath! Thanks again.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post