CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

29th February 2012, 00:12
Ok fellow setters

This is the way the crossword is going to run this month.
The grid contains 52 clues
18 clues which contain answers of 4, 5 & 6 letters are to be kept seperate from the Across/Down lists
4 of these will be clued by me (for reasons that will become clear)
The other 14 clues of 4,5 & 6 letters which we will call the Ambiguous List will be sent out (1 each) to you along with another word from the grid which is within the regular Across/Down lists
So each person involved in setting will receive 2 words to clue (one from the ambiguous list and one from the known lists)
None of the Ambiguous List clues cross with each other within the grid (They all cross with regular Across/Down clues)
The 4 clues from the Ambiguous List, plus another 7 clues from the Regular Across/Down Lists that I am setting have a common theme.

I have received 13 replies for involvement and am going to start sending out words tonight to these people, this gives lots of time for construction of wordplay, please don't rush, as we have plenty of time before publication.
Obviously we have words left over to be clued, I will hold these back for a couple of regulars who haven't checked in yet and also anyone else who would like to get involved. Please don't be spooked by the preamble, all you have to do is devise your clues as usual and everything will become apparent on publication.
Any words left over will be allocated to the regular setters towards the deadline.

Still waiting for check in from Lionheart & Paul

Have fun, Les40

1 of 15  -   Report This Post

les40

29th February 2012, 00:28
Just to let you know that when you receive your emails, I will put your Across/Down clue first and then place your "Ambiguous" clue word below.
2 of 15  -   Report This Post

les40

29th February 2012, 01:02
I have sent two words each to the following setters, please let me know if you have any problems.

ixion, Theambler, Pastille, Bullfrog, AB, djawhufc, Peterm, jws, greedy kite, Wendy, jamoza, aristophanes, Syzygy.
3 of 15  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

29th February 2012, 09:13
Sent my 2 Les- thanks for all the hard work
4 of 15  -   Report This Post

wendy

29th February 2012, 09:22
Thanks Les, gottem!
5 of 15  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

29th February 2012, 14:07
Submitted. Thanks again, Les!
6 of 15  -   Report This Post

lionheart

29th February 2012, 14:51
Hi Les, sounds intriguing. Count me in :)
7 of 15  -   Report This Post

ab

29th February 2012, 15:42
Just sent, Les. Thanks again for your work.
8 of 15  -   Report This Post

pastille

29th February 2012, 15:51
Thank you Les...just sent them to you.

Please not, there is no "rudeness" this month.
9 of 15  -   Report This Post

paul

29th February 2012, 16:06
OK Les - I'm in!
10 of 15  -   Report This Post