CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

angelmcm

20th February 2012, 10:51
Hello everybody, I am a newcomer to Crossword Help. I found it last night when in desperation regarding 7ac I resorted to google and found you all. So, I solved that damn kilt thing, and believe I have completed the puzzle, except, I am not entirely sure about 23ac! I think it must be CARE (give a hoot) but I just cannot see WHY! Am I being dim? I live in France so do not receive my RT until Friday, and have also only just started doing this crossword again after a 'rest' of 2-3 yrs, so am, let's say, a little slower than all you whizz kids. Can anybody out there explain it to me? Or maybe I have it wrong!
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th February 2012, 10:58
Welcome angelmcm
Yes, 23a is CARE.
It is the even (every other ) letters of chairmen.
Hope you find our site helpful and visit again.
Jazzgirl
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th February 2012, 11:01
oops. Should have said "not even" i.e. odd letters. Too cold to think.
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

20th February 2012, 11:03
Oh Jazzgirl, thank you, OF COURSE! Why couldn't I see that.....duh..
Thank you, and yes, I am sure I shall be back - you all seem such 'good eggs'!
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th February 2012, 11:05
You will be welcome :)
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

mondrian

20th February 2012, 12:56
Welcome Angelmcm. I assure Whizz Kid does not apply to me! Nearly every time I need help and I have been doing this Xword and visiting this site for about 4 years now.
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

20th February 2012, 13:44
Thank you Mondrian. Bet it does apply to you, Whizz Kid, that is.
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

20th February 2012, 23:34
Welcome aboard, Angelmcm. I hope you get as much pleasure out of this forum as I do. Clearly, the French do not understand the importance of the RT crossword, or they would get your copy to you a great deal sooner.

Hope to see your name popping up regularly.

Best wishes.

P
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

21st February 2012, 01:10
Et Bonsoir Pipesmoker! Sadly, or maybe not, there are not many expats near us, so no RT available locally, although I believe it is in some other areas. We have to rely on postage from UK - thank you, thank you RT! I'm sure I shall be back - RT is the only crossword I have available which is not online - so much more satisfying, yet I am so out of practice...
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

jamoza

21st February 2012, 08:53
Welcome to the friendly forum, Angelmcm - I find it a lovely little community!
10 of 13  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT8 23 ac