CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

robtherich

28th August 2009, 19:21
I've just finished the Guardian cryptic (Logodaedalus) and the answer to "Reckless ADC cuts the diagram (6)" appears to be MADMAN (MD&A) being fixed - but I'll be jiggered (euphemism) if I can figure out why...

And while I'm here: why does The System insist on bunging in slashes where I didn't type them?
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

anniec

28th August 2009, 19:24
Could it be madcap - adc in map?
And I didn't see any slashes!??
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

robtherich

28th August 2009, 19:31
Thank you, Anniec. You're right, natch. And as for slashes (their non-appearance possibly down to running a Mac) I'm off for one...
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

robtherich

28th August 2009, 19:41
Oops - faux pas! I capitalised you. And overloaded you with a tad too much information. About running a Mac, I mean...
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

28th August 2009, 19:57
Robtherich scrobe:

"And while I'm here: why does The System insist on bunging in slashes where I didn't type them?"

It only seems to put in a proliferation of backslashes when an apostrophe is typed. It is especially powerful in the thread title where it can put in hundreds if you're not careful. The strange thing is that it only seems to happen on second and subsequent pages of a thread and not the first one.

http://www.blue-room.org.uk/style_emoticons/default/type.gif">
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

anniec

28th August 2009, 19:57
No problems Robtherich - it didn't appear in capitals and there is no such thing as to much information. I suspect your Mac is already as tired and emotional as I guess you plan to be! best wishes
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

robtherich

28th August 2009, 21:16
Sweet innocent anniec - the 'one' I was going for was a slash, not a glass of the warm south, though that has subsequently come to passhhhh...
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

anniec

28th August 2009, 21:30
Trevor - I retract the grovelling apology I made one the Wildflower thread! However, I acknowledge that I am thick and will avoid all references to slashes, drinks, going for one etc in the future. I will cherish being called sweet and innocent however!

And your are right about Sweet William!
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

anniec

28th August 2009, 21:31
Trevor??? I mean Robtherich! Will my gaffes never end!?
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

robtherich

28th August 2009, 22:19
anniec: Gaffe on! Were the world perfect, t\'would be boring... And I should have specified a beaker of the warm south, not a dull glass. Hello? You still there? Nurse, have I had my evening medication yet?
10 of 11  -   Report This Post