CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrs trellis

10th February 2012, 18:59
It's here! well, almost......just discovered the donation site is now open for the next brilliant MacMillan Quiz. Get in early to be sure of receiving your quiz on the first day (Feb 18th). Musicians/composers I believe......please correct if I'm wrong, Mr MacQuizzy.
Available from www.justgiving.com/thespringquiz
1 of 41  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

13th February 2012, 10:18
Thank you to those who have already donated. Please remember when donating to tick the box to let me see your email address, otherwise I won't know where to send your copy of the quiz. The tick-box is in the "Set your contact preferences" section on the final page of the donation process. If you have any difficulties, you can email me at theSpringQuiz@btconnect.com
3 of 41  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

15th February 2012, 12:58
I forgot to add:-

PRIZES
There will be three prizes of John Lewis vouchers (£50, £30, £20) for the first three correct entries drawn at random after the closing date of 7th April

GETTING A COPY BY POST
Please send an SAE and cheque payable to 'Macmillan Cancer Support' for at least £2 to "Spring Quiz" c/o The King's Head, 19 Maiden Lane, STAMFORD, Lincolnshire PE9 2AZ
4 of 41  -   Report This Post

pastille

15th February 2012, 19:58
Hello all,

I find it really poignant that the next "super duper" MacMillan Quiz is on it's way.

My dear friend was diagnosed with breast cancer back in July 2011.

She beat ovarian cancer 11 years ago.

She was told 6 months, but did not pay any attention.

This time it beat her. . .but not without a fight.

She signed her self out of the local Hospice the 17Th December against all medical advice.

They said she would not last the week.

My bestest pal passed on last night, in peace with her family and friends.

I feel privileged to be with her until her end.

A life at 51 cut too short.

Please support ANY Cancer charity.

Now away to celebrate my soul mate.

p@
5 of 41  -   Report This Post

furrypusscat

15th February 2012, 21:08
Sorry to hear of your loss, Pastille. At least your friend is now at peace and I am sure you will have some lovely memories to recall.
Gill.x
6 of 41  -   Report This Post

mamya

15th February 2012, 21:28
Pastille, your friend sounds a very brave and courageous lady, may she rest now - free from pain ♥
7 of 41  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

16th February 2012, 09:21
Sorry to hear about your friend Pastille, yet another reminder of why we need to support this great cause.
Only 2 days until the new quiz!

http://www.justgiving.com/thespringquiz
8 of 41  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

16th February 2012, 09:26
Thank you for sharing your story, Pastille. I feel very humbled by it.
9 of 41  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

17th February 2012, 08:02
We've reached a milestone. We've now raised over £3000 for Macmillan Cancer support since I started selling my quizzess online last summer. http://www.justgiving.com/user/28094196

Thank you so much to everyone who has donated.
10 of 41  -   Report This Post