CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pooksahib

8th February 2012, 13:42
This is 'off-topic' I know but I'm sure you'll humour me as who doesn't like a good tune...

I'm trying to ID some songs I've discovered on cassette tapes I made between 1982-84. If you like the blues, you may be able to help me out. Full details are on my website (I do like saying that - only just taught myself to build it). Feel free to pass it on to anyone else you think might be interested.

http://www.bluesman.talktalk.net

Many thanks
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

andyc

8th February 2012, 14:09
How Long, Blind Lemon Jefferson?
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th February 2012, 14:09
hi pooksahib
I love those blues numbers.
When I have time, I will listen again and see if I can identify. My cousin is a jazz drummer and has played with many blues and boogie wooogie artists, so I will send the link to him. Between us, we may come up trumps. If you are on fb, he is there. Let me know if you want his details.
Jazzgirl
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

pooksahib

8th February 2012, 14:26
Thanks, andyc. BLJ certainly did How Long but my version seems a tad after his day.

Thanks, jazzgirl. I'm not a facebook or twitter fan. T'would be nice if you did get some 'professional' help though!
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th February 2012, 14:40
OK. I'll let you know when I get some feedback.
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

tony

8th February 2012, 14:44
I too am a blues lover and having listened to the version of the Leroy Carr classic 'How Long Blues' I strongly feel it is a 'white' voice, probably British.

The boogie woogie piano duet sounds 'Continental', probably Dutch/Swedish.

I am looking forward to listening to all the numbers on the link and hope someone can provided some definitive information.
6 of 6  -   Report This Post