CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

elephant

8th February 2012, 11:43
What is the correct name for the White Cliffs of Dover?

Any help appreciated.
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

8th February 2012, 12:33
All I discovered by googling was that they're part of the North Downs,but we knew that already! Do you have the length of the answer or any letters? Otherwise try ringing the Dover Tourist Office if you can!
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

kiwikid

8th February 2012, 12:46
I've been curiously researching too - always thought that was the correct name. That's what appears on the map, anyway. Unless they're referring to a specific bit, like Beachy Head. Another possibility to consider: do they mean geographically or geologically?
Happy hunting - and do please post an answer if you come up with one!
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

8th February 2012, 13:00
Toyourself Keep?
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

blue moon

8th February 2012, 13:02
As Kiwikid said it could simply be asking for the geolocical term, chalk cliffs of Dover
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

ajt1

8th February 2012, 13:14
Aristophanes - I thought of you when I read this thread - the village that you expressed an interest in recently - Capel-le-Ferne - lies directly on the white cliffs - some of the residents' gardens actually run to the edge.
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

8th February 2012, 13:36
Thanks for thinking of me, AJT1, but that has to be someone else- perhaps some other charming American. Never heard of said village, but will now look it up. I'm an avid gardener, and can't imagine what it must be like to garden on A: chalk, and B: a precipice. Although...I often forget that when you Brits say "garden" you simply mean what we mean by "yard"- just the space around your house. Well, either way, talk about apprehension; I mean it's not like living on the edge of a granite cliff, is it?
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

elephant

8th February 2012, 13:47
This quiz is made up of random GK clues with no number of letters given. Usually the answers relate to a recent news item from TV or daily newspapers. Sometimes the clues are ambiguous so correct answers can be a bit hit or miss.
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

nikki

8th February 2012, 14:54
The Langdon Cliffs.I live in Kent, but had to check it!
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

8th February 2012, 17:21
Wow, Nikki! Nice pictures to google as well (for an expat, though i hate that word). So what was the topical reference? I'm missing out on everything! Not that case about 3 years ago when a Hamburg girl fell down them or nearly?
10 of 11  -   Report This Post