CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

6th February 2012, 15:16
Hello everyone,

Thanks for all your help in compiling the crossword.

Same as last time, try not to give direct answers to clues, but hints and gentle nudges in the right direction are welcome.

Some really good word play this month, however, if you spot any mistakes or queries, then don't hesitate to thrash it out on here (Give it a couple of days though before the start of any pedantics and critical diatribes)
If when you read your own clues you spot a mistake, then don't wait to have it clarified, that needs immediate attention.

Also, it would be good for you to review each others clues and give some feedback on their wordplay skills.

Anyway, Here it is. ENJOY!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57742443/The%20Joint%20Effort%20Febraury%202012%20Final%20PDF.pdf
1 of 111  -   Report This Post

jws

6th February 2012, 15:23
Many thanks Les. Timing could not be better as I am kept off the golf course by the snow
2 of 111  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

6th February 2012, 15:24
Thanks, Les! Move over, Azed. This is way more exciting.
3 of 111  -   Report This Post

wendy

6th February 2012, 15:36
Brilliant! Many thanks Les.

I won't check in here again for a while 'til I get a few under my belt.
4 of 111  -   Report This Post

rosalind

6th February 2012, 17:26
LOL Pastille, 14dn. Not solved the clue, but smiling.
5 of 111  -   Report This Post

lionheart

6th February 2012, 17:56
Congrats on putting this together Les! I look forward to getting stuck in...or just plain stuck ;)
6 of 111  -   Report This Post

ixion

6th February 2012, 19:13
Finished I think, very enjoyable, a few queries to explore later...thought the bottom left corner was a bit easy though!
7 of 111  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

6th February 2012, 19:37
I still have most of the lower left corner to do, and I already have six question marks. Some wonderful clues; pastille's really lost it with 14A. It's a little scary that I got peterm's right off (though I had to look up jimmy!). Really liked your Poirot clue, ixion.
8 of 111  -   Report This Post

peterm

6th February 2012, 20:05
Another fantastic effort by all involved, and especially to Les for setting it up. All done, but a few loose ends on wordplay. I'll try and crank up the clues for you next time aristo, but I think you're just too good for me!
9 of 111  -   Report This Post

ixion

6th February 2012, 20:22
Thanks Aristo, liked your 1D(though I've two different theories on the wordplay), thought Pastilles 14A worked well and "raised" a smile.
10 of 111  -   Report This Post