CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

dizoz

6th February 2012, 05:53
Just downloaded 104 . hm, looks like a hard long tramp , eh?
1 of 45  -   Report This Post

syzygy

6th February 2012, 06:32
That's early.
Was busy compiling a last clue for the Joint Effort. Thought you might want to be a candidate.

Forgot to check with my OZ relatives re "Dog Town". You were rather circumspect about what the place was actually called.

Cheers.
2 of 45  -   Report This Post

dizoz

6th February 2012, 07:23
hi syzygy, it is 6.i5 pm Monday here in Dapto NSW,(90km sth of Sydney). Well known in Oz for its greyhound racing (Dapto Dogs). Not having much success with 104. Tricky. Any advice?
3 of 45  -   Report This Post

pendragon

6th February 2012, 10:06
It looks as if we're back with the quiz, rather than a crossword. I've got a few, but two intersect and they don't match (but that may be my error).

I don't like it when you have to find all the answers in vacuo, before adding together all the letters to find what the "operation" is. I hate it when these come up, and love it when I finally hit the "Submit" button!
4 of 45  -   Report This Post

pendragon

6th February 2012, 10:19
It may have been my error!
5 of 45  -   Report This Post

cmk

6th February 2012, 15:58
Anyone had any brainwaves on this yet?

I've completed a great deal of this and have a partial 'key' with the initials of the superfluous words, but I've come to a standstill in the bottom half. I'm also concerned that all the answers in the top half seem completely normal.

Any hints, reassurances etc would be welcome.

Also - specifically - could you confirm if 25ac could be related to a Rihanna hit from 3 or 4 years ago? If so, how does that work?

Thanks in anticipation.
6 of 45  -   Report This Post

ajt1

6th February 2012, 16:04
I've got quite a bit of this finished. For 25ac my answer is "covers against weather". I must admit that I haven't got all of the wordplay - but I do have that corner complete, and my word fits.

I haven't as yet got any idea of alterations according to the theme.
7 of 45  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

6th February 2012, 16:59
I'm with you AJT, I think 25ac is just a "whole thing" clue, no parsing. I've completed nearly all the clues, know exactly what the 'hidden instruction' is, but don't understand what to do with it! Early days though.
8 of 45  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

6th February 2012, 17:00
Sorry cmk, just to confirm - yes, re Rhianna
9 of 45  -   Report This Post

cmk

6th February 2012, 17:07
Thanks AJT1 and Mrs Trellis (love to Samantha). I don't have the whole instruction yet from the superfluous words - and my confusion over 25 ac means I can't really see which word is extra there.

Still, as you say, it's early days yet.
10 of 45  -   Report This Post