CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

spaniel

5th February 2012, 18:03
I have got 'goalkeeper' for 12 across. But can't fully work out why it is that. I know that Shay Given is a goalie and I get that Guardian refers to the 'keeper' part but can't fathom out the rest of it. Can anyone help?
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

tonyw

5th February 2012, 18:07
I HOPE THAT NOBODY ANSWERS THIS
no clue
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

spaniel

5th February 2012, 18:09
Wow, this is the first time I've posted on the site and I'm sorry, I seem to have slipped up. I'm a member of other online forums of various kinds and I have never seen anything as rude as your reply. Let's hope that some of the other members have better manners and accept my apology and answer the question.
Thanks you
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

tonyw

5th February 2012, 18:11
all you have to do is supply the clue.
You cannot assume that everybody has seen the crossword.
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

harrhy

5th February 2012, 18:30
Please tell us what the question is and we will try to answer it for you.
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

spaniel

5th February 2012, 18:40
Thanks Harrhy
Given, say Sun delivered, good also to get refined Guardian. (10)
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

brackendale

5th February 2012, 18:42
The clue is

Given, say Sun delivered, good also to get refined Guardian (10)

Like Spaniel (who I welcome to the site) I think the answer is GOALKEEPER (which fits all the letters from the Down clues) but I can't equate the answer to the clue.

I understand the Shay Given reference and the guardian being keeper but how does "Sun delivered good also to get refined" fit in?
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

tonyw

5th February 2012, 18:49
thank you for the clue.
Also minus sun=oal good =g guardian=keeper
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

spaniel

5th February 2012, 18:52
Thank you for that. It makes sense now and thank you Brackendale for your welcome but I doubt I'll be back.
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

tornface

5th February 2012, 18:55
Welcome Spaniel

We're not all so rude. There are a lot of people here, however, who try to help out with any clue, whether they're doing the crossword or not, so it's always worth giving as much information as possible.

I've also got goalkeeper but am not sure why. I rationalised it as (good) g (also) al given the sun (o)? and (guardian) keeper. But I'm not convinced.
10 of 13  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » ST4471