CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosalind

2nd February 2012, 13:10
Fascinating. Did you get "Half Time" , or understand it? LOL
R
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

wendy

2nd February 2012, 18:06
Well found Pastille.

I have to say I find her pretty difficult as a rule.
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

2nd February 2012, 23:24
@ Rosalind: Did you really not get it? ME is half of TIME, and HALF-TIME is a break!Hope you don't feel insulted that I've explained it!Otherwise that would really BREAK ME!
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

pastille

2nd February 2012, 23:36
Hi Rosiland,

Actually have not read the full article yet...just "clocked" it when reading the on line Gardian ...

Will give it my full attention tomorrow.

Sweet dreams,

p@
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

rosalind

4th February 2012, 09:40
GK I didn't see it, but I think it was explained somewhere. Anyway, thank you for the explanation and I'm never insulted by kind people helping me. I've only been doing cryptics for a few months. The clue is brilliant but I doubt I ever would have got it!
Pastille Thank you for your good wishes.
Am off to buy The Times and get going on the Jumbo. Or rather, wait until there are a few answers on here and then try.
xR
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

trevor

4th February 2012, 09:56
in a similar vein,are we all freaks?

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21228441.500-how-crossword-puzzles-mess-with-your-mind.html?full=true

btw the grid for the clues is a 6 by 6 square with the answers going round the outside edges.(2d starts with last letter of 1a. 3a starts with last letter of 1 down).
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

trevor

4th February 2012, 09:58
the answers are given at the end if you want to avoid looking.
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

wendy

4th February 2012, 10:14
Nice article Trevor - pleased to note that the compiler spells "honour" the same way as I do!
9 of 9  -   Report This Post