CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT 6

magworth

31st January 2012, 17:03
Just stuck on the last one. Can a kind Scot please help - is there a loch with the same name as the `water` in Edinburgh? I`m not asking for the actual word as many won`t have had the RT yet.
1 of 31  -   Report This Post

magworth

31st January 2012, 17:05
Ignore that ! I forgot there`s an `h` in the wrong place !
2 of 31  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

31st January 2012, 17:32
hi Magworth
I have spent hours on this week's RT and I still haven't solved 14d apart from the first word. There were some clever clues and some were very tricky (to me anyway) I had not heard of the Asian boat, but found it in Chambers under an alternative spelling.
Hope everyone is bearing up in the cold. It is 1c degree at the moment.
My usual good wishes to Navigator, old gal and pipesmoker and all others who are a bit under the weather.
J
3 of 31  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

31st January 2012, 17:47
Just noticed I still have 16a to do.
I thought it was a double definition, but that does not fit in with 13d. I will try again tomorrow.
4 of 31  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

31st January 2012, 17:54
Ignore my last post. I had first name of the TV presenter wrongly spelt. Just the scottish one to do.
5 of 31  -   Report This Post

chris4food

31st January 2012, 22:07
Hi Jazzgirl and Magworth, been at it all afternoon and a lot of the evening, in between selecting holiday destination in Wales with daughter. Re 14d think of another word for team - such as cricketing xxxxxx, or football xxxxxx and knock of the first letter which will give you the name of the water.....
I'm still struggling with 8a - last one to go -
-o-a-
Any clues, please?????
Best wishes to everyone and especially those undergoing medical treatment - my thoughts are with you
Regards
Chris
6 of 31  -   Report This Post

chris4food

31st January 2012, 22:12
woops, did a bit of a cheat on quick solve - for 8a - I'd got the second syllable, but was stuck on the first two letters!!!! How dozy is that????
All done and dusted - and, hopefully, correct...
Cheers to everyone again
Chris
PS liked 16a - shades of a misspent youth....
20a - got the answer, but can't see the relevance....
liked 2d - it all depends on how you pronounce the last word
7 of 31  -   Report This Post

chris4food

31st January 2012, 22:15
and found my deliberate mistake -knock off, not knock of - oh dear. My grandchildren had me up at 4 o'clock this morning, so definitely wilting now - time for bed - which is where I am doing this post - night night everyone....
8 of 31  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

31st January 2012, 23:05
Good evening, all. Two answers - two mistakes. A glorious start. Still, I saw the error of my ways, and did repent. Not too bad once I got on to the right track.

Off to SGH in the morning.

Thank you for good wishes, and the same to you all.

P
9 of 31  -   Report This Post

magworth

1st February 2012, 09:21
Chris4food et al - I remember now `The Campbells are coming to bonny ............¬
However, my `clever` answer to 23 ac is now wrong!
I had to resort to help for the daisy; never heard of that. I really struggled, until i went shopping and the cold air kick-started my brain. I`d better see if that works for 23 ac.Many thanks for the help. M.
10 of 31  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 6