CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

marydom

29th January 2012, 22:01
Struggling with a few:

22 down What's the point of summer sport

8 letters F-e------
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

rusty

29th January 2012, 22:05
Fieldsmen?
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

ab

29th January 2012, 22:10
That looks like 9 letters. Fielding? (point is a fielding position in cricket)
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

marydom

29th January 2012, 22:11
Thanks the other two are obvious now: 36 across smut and and 31 across attendee. I found it challenging this week
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

les40

29th January 2012, 23:02
It is 9 letters and I have put in Fieldsman
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

susan

30th January 2012, 17:12
Hi Marydom, just noticed your message. Relieved to note that I'm not on my own. When I got this week's Jumbo I was depressed within five minutes! I've still got millions of blanks to fill in. Last week's Jumbo was brilliant and I didn't need to ask for help. Humbled by this one! Ah well, I won't give up just yet. I'll soldier on for a bit longer and no doubt you'll see me post a long list of queries when I finally give in. Bye for now
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

rosalind

30th January 2012, 17:16
Susan- I'm having the same trouble. I only finished last week's on Friday, though. I've done about half of the current one but it is hard going, and many of the answers I do have I've gleaned from here.
Ah well, if it was easy it wouldn't be fun and we'd be looking at The Listener, whose instructions I don't even understsand!
R
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

susan

30th January 2012, 17:24
Rosalind, excellent! It's comforting to know there's a kindred spirit plodding away at the same speed as me! Last week's Jumbo was good fun but this week it's like pulling teeth! We'll get there eventually - and if we don't, perhaps next week's will be easier. Don't give up!!! bye
8 of 8  -   Report This Post