CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

17th January 2012, 10:08
The new layout means that the paper cannot be folded in half horizontally to do the crossword as it now spreads (just) onto the top half of the paper. Does this irritate anyone else?
1 of 15  -   Report This Post

het

17th January 2012, 10:21
I agree this new layout is terrible. Breakfast in our house is usually husband with the separate sports section and me with the main paper for the crossword.
Now they are incorporating the sections from Tuesday to Friday. I thought I might get round it by slicing off the back few pages, but no they had to put the crossword in the sports section just jammed in any old how as an afterthought.
I rang in with my comments and the chap who answered intimated that there were quite a lot of complaints.
2 of 15  -   Report This Post

chrise

17th January 2012, 10:37
Hi Het,
What number did you phone? I would like to add my complaint.
3 of 15  -   Report This Post

rosalind

17th January 2012, 10:38
I suggest that as many people as possible complain. It really works. After an organised (sign and e-mail) petition to the Big 6 power companies, 5 have promised to reduce their prices by 5% (wholesale costs have reduced 10%)
4 of 15  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

17th January 2012, 10:57
http://www.guardian.co.uk/help/contact-us#How to contact the Guardian
5 of 15  -   Report This Post

het

17th January 2012, 10:57
Hi Chris.
I just rang their main switchboard 020 3353 2000 and asked to be connected to someone who I could complain to about the new layout.
I was connected to a very pleasant chap who took my e-mail address and gave me his as hamzamohsin@guardian.co.uk should I wish to also complain in writing.
6 of 15  -   Report This Post

chrise

17th January 2012, 11:33
Thanks, het - I've Emailed the contact you gave. Let's hope!
7 of 15  -   Report This Post

wendy

17th January 2012, 13:11
You could always print your hard copy off:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/crosswords
8 of 15  -   Report This Post

het

17th January 2012, 15:55
Hi Chris - I have a reply e-mail from the Guardian but all it says is that they cannot afford to keep the sports section of the paper separate all the time.
They have made no mention of the crossword being in the sports section which was what I was complaining about.
I have a name now - here I go.............

I know we can print the crossword, but it's just not quite the same as having my paper.
9 of 15  -   Report This Post

chrise

17th January 2012, 16:36
Printing the crossword would mean having to find something to rest it on, whereas folding the paper provides its own rest.
By the way, het, my Email to the address you gave was undeliverable.
Chris
10 of 15  -   Report This Post