CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

gaperon

15th January 2012, 09:55
Is 19ac (Wife covering Jack in sugar leads to jocularity) waggery & if so, could someone please explain why?
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

gaperon

15th January 2012, 09:58
Found the explanation on the answerbank - didn't know about jaggery!
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

sallyw

15th January 2012, 16:43
it's funny that jaggery was one of the options on the quiz show "Perfection" the other day, the question being "jaggery is a type of sugar - true or false?" The contestant confidently went for false!
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

berkspotter

15th January 2012, 18:08
sallyw, that may well be side-splittingly funny but I suggest that gaperon looks on answerbank before posting on here next time he is seeking an explanation. that way he may well save his own valuable time and effort and ours. bit of a waste of time really to effectively post a question and then reply to it yourself (sort of) three minutes later. bit more fore-thought required I think gapy.
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

sallyw

15th January 2012, 20:42
Dear berkspotter, I meant funny as in oddly coincidental, not as in hilarious, although I really do appreciate your input, and notice that you are very much on form today!
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

berkspotter

15th January 2012, 20:47
Oh, I see sallyw. what can I say,other than sorry for reading something into your posting that wasn't there. you know what it's like five of one thing and six of another.
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

sallyw

15th January 2012, 23:23
Consider yourself forgiven, bs.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post