CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

11th January 2012, 00:53
Hello fellow solvers and compilers.

I am toying with the idea of trying something new. Something that has not been done before.
As some of you know, I compile my own crosswords, but haven't had time lately to pursue this with vigour.
So, what I am suggesting is this:
I am currently holding a fully constructed 21x21 grid in my files with 52 clue answers filled in.
Trouble is, there isn't any clues for the words yet, and this is the interesting bit.
I would like you guys and gals to write the clues.
How can we do this I hear you say!
Well, what I propose is that the grid's four outer walls are 4 words of 21 letters which I will clue, so not to give an unfair advantage. Which leaves 48 remaining clues to set.
Depending on how much interest is gained, I will allocate the rest of the words between all of you.
For Example, if 12 people are interested, then I will allocate 4 words to each person or if 24 people, then 2 words to each, and if a number in between, then some may get 2 and some 3 etc, we'll see how that pans out.
I will create a new email address for this purpose and post it on this site, I suggest you do the same if you feel uncertain about sending your email address to me (It only takes a few minutes to create a new email account and you can just ignore or bin it later if you choose)
Then when I've received enough interest, I will send out the selected words to each new compiler (you guys) . When you receive my correspondence with your words, I would like you to compile your own clues and send them back to me with an explanation of wordplay (To save any confusion).
When I have all the returned clues, I will complete and format the crossword and link it back on this site for everyone to have a go at.
The beauty of this is that you will only know the answers to your own clues (no sharing answers but hints are welcome)
I will also place a KEY at the foot of the crossword displaying who compiled which numbered clues.
Please let me know if you would be interested in playing a part in this new idea. it would be great if 48 people got involved, because that would only give you 1 clue each.
If it takes off, then maybe I could make it a regular thing every 3 months or so.

All the best, Les40

1 of 50  -   Report This Post

gok wan acolytes

11th January 2012, 01:43
I've put a pencil up each nostril, put my underpants on my head and shouted out loud ( frightening my two cats) WHIBBLE!

To quote Duncan Bannatyne " I'm Out! "
2 of 50  -   Report This Post

syzygy

11th January 2012, 05:46
Sounds like a plan.
azardoz@gmail.com

3 of 50  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

11th January 2012, 10:05
Sounds good

djawhufc1@gmail.com
4 of 50  -   Report This Post

pastille

11th January 2012, 10:30
Please Sir...can I play?

Will get back to you when I figure out how to set up a separate email account.

p@
5 of 50  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

11th January 2012, 10:36
I'm in. I'll send you my email address when you post yours.
6 of 50  -   Report This Post

wendy

11th January 2012, 10:47
Sounds good fun. Thanks Les40

alicegray49@gmail.com
7 of 50  -   Report This Post

pastille

11th January 2012, 11:28
pastille17@gmail.com

8 of 50  -   Report This Post

les40

11th January 2012, 11:40
That's great,
Now I know you're interested I will sort it out.
I'm just off to voluntary job and then on to my night course, but should be home around 9ish tonight. I will sort out the email address then and I can start sending out the words to you.
For the people that have already sent email address's, I don't see why I can't send you a word tonight to be going on with until we know how many are interested, and then send any more words later, would that be Ok with you.

So I'll liaise back with you later, have a great day and take care, Les40
9 of 50  -   Report This Post

peterm

11th January 2012, 12:21
Sounds interesting. Count me in.

crossword@idnet.com
10 of 50  -   Report This Post