CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

andy

9th January 2012, 18:25
After 22 years, I have finally won a tee shirt. I must say thank you to the forum for the help I got last week in finishing. And NO I will not be sharing!
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

barrycat

9th January 2012, 18:26
Give us a shot of it! Well done.
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

maisiep

9th January 2012, 18:35
Well done Andy. I've done it for over 30 years and have a couple to my credit - never had the nerve to wear it outside though!
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

10th January 2012, 23:40
Well done, Andy. You have arrived.

I have only won the T shirt once, and what a feeling of elation. I don't know how long the Stinker has been in existence, but until last year, that is exactly how long it took me. I don't wear the thing. It is preserved in its original packaging to pass on as a family heir loom.

Congratulations again.

P.
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

11th January 2012, 15:24
Congratulations Andy. I won one once and wore it to work (a school) on Dress like a Daftie (or something like that) day. Spent the day having people come up to me to ask Did YOU win that? "cos we all thought you were too thick" seemed to be the sub text. With hindsight maybe showing off was a bad plan but I still think you should wear it with pride.
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

maisiep

11th January 2012, 16:25
Teenieleak isn't hindsight wonderful? One of my wins was actually an entry I made in my brother's name. I thought he would be pleased but (he'also a teacher) he was furious at all the people coming up to congratulate him. I got the T shirt and book practically thrown at me! Never again.
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

aldo

12th January 2012, 00:02
Been doing ws for about 10 years to no avail,until sept and november 2011. Now got two kids running about with ws t-shirts as jammies. Well, times are hard folks. Still no big book yet tho!
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

andy

12th January 2012, 17:04
No big book now. It's a £50 auction voucher.
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

12th January 2012, 18:30
Andy, hadn't noticed it was a £50 voucher now, will need to start sending them in again.
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

aldo

14th January 2012, 02:18
well, i dont even care what first prize is, i say childishly!
10 of 11  -   Report This Post