CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tomsk

1st January 2012, 12:17
In my Edition of the Sunday Post they have not printed the questions for 15, 17 & 19 Down of the Cryptic crossword.
Is this the case with all editions of the paper or does anyone have the missing questions.?
1 of 3  -   Report This Post

luckyeight

1st January 2012, 15:16
All the editions are the same, tomsk. I feel obliged to have a little moan. Honestly, this paper must be edited by a stuffed aubergine (or something similarly inept). Surely Crossword Editors pay extra attention to the printing of the crossword?

I thought the problems had ended when the Post stopped soliciting readers' own crossword puzzles - that was always a disaster and I would say at least one in four of those crosswords would have a mistake (usually the paper's fault it would seem, ie missing one clue, or putting the wrong numbers of letters for the answer etc) and they would declare that crossword competition void - waste of a stamp and entry. (Incidentally I always thought they should have accepted an entry that was complete and correct apart from the affected answer, under those circumstances.)

I thought that was a big part of them making these two crosswords (now including a cryptic) 'in house' - so as to have closer editorial control.

Perhaps The Sunday Post should concentrate on printing its prize crosswords correctly and less on increasing its cover prize and trying to compete with the deceased NOTW, with its woeful 'SP' entertainment and celebrities supplement.
2 of 3  -   Report This Post

blueberry

2nd January 2012, 08:44
Happy New Year everybody. I'm glad somebody feels the same as me about the Sunday Post crosswords, this is the first blip since it changed but it's annoying. They should accept the crossword as it stands.
3 of 3  -   Report This Post