CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

joan

29th December 2011, 09:41
I know it's early, but I'm slightly confused and have ground to a halt.I DON'T want answers to clues. This query will only make sense to other solvers.
I've solved all the clues, got the theme, got the quote - but I don't know what I've to do with 'Two unclued lights combine to give a letter mixture of a word that forms the remaining unclued light, part of which is shown symbolically to complete the quotation'. I think I know what I've to end up with at the end of 29 D, I just don't know how to get there from what I've got!
1 of 46  -   Report This Post

bunty

29th December 2011, 10:03
can't help you yet Joan, not long into this - can you help me with 43a - how is it split?
2 of 46  -   Report This Post

joan

29th December 2011, 10:10
Sorry, I've not got an answer as such for 43, just part of the quotation.
3 of 46  -   Report This Post

bunty

29th December 2011, 10:28
Thanks Joan - as I thought, but the number "43" is irrelevant then?
4 of 46  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

29th December 2011, 11:03
have nearly finished,too,but still have 3 qq on the normal clues:is it possible that 21 & 26 across and 16down are all not in Cambers? i am sure of my letters,but nothing seems to fit.Before proceeding to the "ultimate" questions,perhaps you could give me a tip or tips on these three,without revealing the answers of course.i don't follow the last part of the instructions either,esp. as my last 3 unclued ones have the lengths 4,7 & 7 letters,so how can an anagram be involved?I take 43 btw to be just part of the whole quotation.Pity:up till now I found everything relatively easy,doing it completely alone for the first time. Would be very grateful for any help whatever.
5 of 46  -   Report This Post

bunty

29th December 2011, 11:09
21a is in my chambers
6 of 46  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

29th December 2011, 11:23
Thanks,bunty.Does it look like this, then?
M?U??U (presumably repetition,divided in the middle ,or not?) And is the definition part "dress" or "dress uniform", or "for all to see"?
7 of 46  -   Report This Post

bunty

29th December 2011, 11:24
yes yes yes
8 of 46  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

29th December 2011, 11:25
No need to answer now:i 've just found it at the most unlikely position of course! Any help with the other two,or are you still struggling too?
9 of 46  -   Report This Post

bunty

29th December 2011, 11:27
dress is the defn , mum= silent , u(universal film category) u =uniform, u=unionist
10 of 46  -   Report This Post