CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

quizaddict

14th August 2009, 08:55
I've put
saucy postcards but not 100% but felt it was better than a blank
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

celadon

14th August 2009, 13:11
Thanks for that quizaddict; was looking for one of her painting titles that may have related to a seaside structure. However, she may be the actress, as suggested by JimC. I know that she appeared in Tenko. Maybe something to do with a holiday camp[sic].

Regards

Celadon
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

jimc

14th August 2009, 13:22
Hi again.

The spelling of the 2 surnames is different. If you would confirm which surname is in the original clue ("Cooke" or "Cook") then, unless we are on entirely the wrong lines, it would help home in on either an actress or artist.

JimC
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

big dave

14th August 2009, 13:55
I hope this is not going to grow into another marathon!
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

celadon

14th August 2009, 14:23
JimC,

Its Beryl Cooke so its the artist!
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

jimc

14th August 2009, 14:32
Celadon.

I think the artist was called Beryl Cook (without an 'e').

I never met her though.

JimC
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

jimc

14th August 2009, 14:33
Sorry - got a bit bold there.

JimC
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

14th August 2009, 14:54
Hi All,

Jim C is quite right - the artist is the late Beryl Cook [no 'e'] and her pneumatic ladies are in the style of Bamforth's postcards and we all remember them, don't we? However, as far as I am aware, BC did not provide artwork for postcards and, having looked at a resume of her titles, none fits the bill!

I appreciate that this contribution is next to useless but I have been rather quiet of late and I just wanted to reassure you all that I do visit the Forum daily.

With kind regards to you all,

Caravaggio
10 of 11  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

14th August 2009, 15:13
A scan of Beryl Cooke's film & TV appearances on IMDB produces nothing appropriate either. My guess would be a double whammy from the quiz compiler in that the surname is spelt incorrectly and the artist's work succeeded Bamforth's postcards. I'd go with "Saucy Postcards".
11 of 11  -   Report This Post