CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

15th December 2011, 19:51
A Swedish friend of mine sent this to me. Thought some of you would enjoy it.
http://svtplay.se/t/123386/luciafirande_i_svt
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

15th December 2011, 21:15
Thanks for that Aristo - beautiful !
King's College, Cambridge has a similar ritual - "A Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols" on BBC radio 4 at 3pm on Christmas Eve. According to the "Kings College Choir" website "In the United States the service is broadcast by American Public Media and Minnesota Public Radio" but it doesn't give times.
Cheers
Julie
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

15th December 2011, 21:25
I listen to it every year, Julie- never tire of one of my two favorite carols (Once in Royal). Have a wonderful Christmas!
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

theambler

15th December 2011, 23:34
Hi Aristophanes

Have just enjoyed watching Santa Lucia video. Absolutely lovely. Something to be said for ritualism - of the nicest sort!

A very Happy Christmas to you and all of yours.

THEA
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

wendy

16th December 2011, 09:29
Thanks for sharing that Aristo it's wonderful!
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

16th December 2011, 12:50
Wendy: Something for little Knut and Halvard to watch next 13 December. (Have you named your furry nisses yet?)
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

16th December 2011, 12:54

wendy

16th December 2011, 18:32
Aristo, thanks to your Norwegian names link, we have
RANDOLPH (Randy for short, even though he'll be rearranged at an early stage)
and
RUFUS (after one of our favourite setters in the Guardian)

They are the 2 red & white boys (although their colours are described as being cream and white) and are in the kitten list here:

http://www.coscathasnorwegianforestcats.co.uk/Kittens/Kittens.html

If we get fed up with them, we'll ship them off to OBLIB - sure he's got room for a couple more!
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

17th December 2011, 12:27
Wendy: Looked for your nisses on the kitty site but all that appeared was the upper part of one photo- a pair of ears that might very well have belonged to a fisher cat! No doubt the young lads are looking forward to the day they qualify for the "Studs" list.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post