CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jules b

10th August 2009, 20:17
any offers of help for 15a or 7d ?? I'm stuck.
1 of 22  -   Report This Post

the alchemist

10th August 2009, 20:26
jules b

You need to quickly add the clues and number of letters or you will receive abuse on this forum. I have done the crossword but have posted it off and cannot remember the clues.
2 of 22  -   Report This Post

trevor

10th August 2009, 20:47
Hi Jules b
I'm afraid The Alchemist may be right, as John (from Arran) wondered, what has this forum become?

If you want help quicker tho, you should include at the very least, the clue.

I type very slowly, so I can see why you might prefer to wait for somebody who does the same crossword as you.

Anyway... you get very little abuse on this forum and it is mostly banter (persiflage, is a word I like)
3 of 22  -   Report This Post

jules b

10th August 2009, 20:49
Ah, thanks for that Alchemist .
1a is prince coming into a large sum of money? Its a mistake.

I've now solved 15a
4 of 22  -   Report This Post

the alchemist

10th August 2009, 20:53
1a is prince coming into a large sum of money? Its a mistake.
MISPRINT-IS PR inside MINT.
5 of 22  -   Report This Post

the alchemist

10th August 2009, 21:04
trevor

Who's this Percy Fledge? I thought it was JimB who'd had his cage rattled over the weekend. However I think you are right that most of the banter is lighthearted.
6 of 22  -   Report This Post

jules b

10th August 2009, 21:05
Many thanks. Forgive my ignorance but what exactly do you mean by " recieving abuse on this forum"? I'm not very computer literate and only found this site by chance. seems a great way to finish those frustrating last clues.. While on the subject " doesn't work under the table" ????
7 of 22  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

10th August 2009, 21:06
Hi jules b and welcome. I don't think we've seen you before have we? You need to be aware that an Alchemist thought that base metal could be turned into Gold and as we all know nowadays, if you believe that you'll believe anything! I also don't think we have a Percy Flage on here but I've no doubt that one will pop his head above the parapet very soon. Anyway we are really quite welcoming but don't all take the same publications so a clue, the number of letters and any letters you already have will usually get you a quick answer.
8 of 22  -   Report This Post

trevor

10th August 2009, 21:13
stoned - anagram of doesn't.

People can get a bit frustrated when an answer is requested without giving all the info, (clue,number of letters,any letters you have, ie S?O?E?).

they would like to help.

9 of 22  -   Report This Post

jules b

10th August 2009, 21:16
Thanks for the welcome John (from Arran) I wonder if the Alchemist (most helpful, may I add,) has chosen that name as he hopes to win the sunday times GOLD pen. OOps, sorry Alchemist, I just wish I'd thought of it, 1st
10 of 22  -   Report This Post