CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tryinghard

12th December 2011, 11:31
Did manage to finish yesterday evening so this is for anyone who needs some help. I got a spelling wrong last time I tried to help
but I'll try to do better. 21 across for e.g.
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

mike - leek

12th December 2011, 19:37
Yes I do - last 30 years, not quite a local yet!
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

tryinghard

13th December 2011, 07:14
I know what you mean. You've already lived there two years longer than I. Went to Westwood Road when I was seven. On to Westwood High [then an all girls school] Got married and had two boys. Taught at All Saints both old building and new.Still miss Rudyard Lake, Highfields Cricket Ground. Living next door to the rail station and the Churnet valley line.
Most of all the the freedom of the hills. BUT
I wasn't born there. Or here either but my grandson is a Shropshire lad!!!
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

mike - leek

13th December 2011, 23:03
Now don't get started on schools - we'll tie up the site. My father-in-law was deputy head at Westwood Road, my wife remembers Westwood just after the change and we both work in teaching in the area. Nice to know people have fond memories of the Moorlands.
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

tryinghard

14th December 2011, 12:15
Was your wife at the 1996 75th. anniversary?
Real nostalgic day. Found I still remembered the words to 'Pioneers' Must stop this. 'Twill soon be time for Saturday's Guardian. Looks like everyone's done last one without help.
5 of 5  -   Report This Post