CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sudokulover

5th December 2011, 08:25
Just to remind everyone - it's available today.
1 of 72  -   Report This Post

tony

5th December 2011, 09:59
Thanks for the reminder.

Qaos is a new setter to me and at first pass through it doesn't seem too complex - we'll see!
2 of 72  -   Report This Post

ixion

5th December 2011, 10:07
Qaos is a new setter - the instructions seem rather sparse - worryingly my 7D has two plausible transmutations which fit with crossing letters.
It also looks as if the same transmuted element can occur more than once and the transmutations can cross.
3 of 72  -   Report This Post

oak

5th December 2011, 10:45
Mr Ixion
may I beg a question as you have attempted some of the clues ?
Are the two letter symbols consecutive in the answers and in the transmutation?

cheers
4 of 72  -   Report This Post

ixion

5th December 2011, 10:59
I think so Mr Oak
5 of 72  -   Report This Post

pendragon

5th December 2011, 12:04
I would assume that the elemental letters are indeed successive.

I would also hope that a) both new letters are different, i.e., SE wouldn't be replaced by TE, and b) each change is of two letters, not one or three, i.e, not P or UUU
6 of 72  -   Report This Post

cmk

5th December 2011, 13:58
Ixion - thanks you for that regarding 7D. I had reached the same conclusion and was convinced that I was wrong.

Can you confirm if the same element is used to replace different ones in both 9 across and 5 down.
7 of 72  -   Report This Post

ixion

5th December 2011, 14:25
Thats what I have cmk...should add that this is the only corner where I've made good progress, struggling elsewhere.
8 of 72  -   Report This Post

cmk

5th December 2011, 16:28
Finding this a bit of a slog, I'm afraid. I have a lot of the untransmuted answers, but struggling with the many possible substitutions.

Would I be right in thinking that 4 down and 16 across are remarkably similar? Or am I on completely the wrong track?

(Apologies to anyone not doing this crossword - there is no point in me just giving the clues to these without also spelling out the rules and that would be too complicated. The Genius is available online at The Guardian)
9 of 72  -   Report This Post

ixion

5th December 2011, 17:37
I think we have the same answers here...2nd word identical both before and after transmutation?
10 of 72  -   Report This Post