CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

campanilla

9th August 2009, 20:17
Who has rattled my Jimbo's cage today? Shame on you.
6 of 14  -   Report This Post

bob

9th August 2009, 20:30
Dear JimB,
My sincere apologies. I have only ever had responses from Jerry or Alan but cannot send them an e-mail and do not understand AB. Probably my age. Will try to do better in future or just give up.
Bob
7 of 14  -   Report This Post

bob

9th August 2009, 20:31
Dear JimB,
My sincere apologies. I have only ever had responses from Jerry or Alan but cannot send them an e-mail and do not understand AB. Probably my age. Will try to do better in future or just give up.
Bob
8 of 14  -   Report This Post

campanilla

9th August 2009, 20:38
Hi Bob, don't even think of giving up, we need all the people we can get. You'll get the hang of it in no time. JimB is really the nicest man, just having an off day, probably something to do with the ashes or the cinders or the coaldust or something of that ilk, anyway to do with cricket I think.

Regards,
9 of 14  -   Report This Post

jimb

9th August 2009, 22:41
Bob

Campo is spot on, as usual. As well as the ashes debacle, ManU were cheated out of victory in the Charity Shield today. I know it is only a Mickey Mouse trophy but justice was not done today

JimB
10 of 14  -   Report This Post

jerry

9th August 2009, 22:43
Hi Bob,
Have been out,am cat-sitting at the moment in Surrey,and away from my own computer.Have finished
this with only a 1998 Chambers.
1a is COUNTDOWN which makes perfect sense!
Best regards,
Jerry
11 of 14  -   Report This Post

jimb

9th August 2009, 23:00
Hi Jerry

Ignore me why don't you!!

JimB
12 of 14  -   Report This Post

jimc

10th August 2009, 08:37
Good Morning All.

As life's too short, I don't usually comment on the 'process' of this forum but, instead, try to keep on-topic and focus on the 'content' of the clues given & their answers. However, an exception this time ...

I think it would make this a much better forum if we all tried to be more thoughtful with our posts, a little more tolerant and a bit less cliquey (and I'm not just thinking of this thread).

As has been raised so often before, I hope that complete and accurate queries are posted whenever possible so that no-one's time, effort or goodwill is needlessly wasted.

Lastly, as a matter of common courtesy if nothing else - and as already generally happens - it is always nice to see thanks/acknowledgements/credit for help given.

Lots of little things add up to a lot!

Best Wishes.
JimC
13 of 14  -   Report This Post

bob

10th August 2009, 09:06
Dear all,

Thank you for all the input. I shall try to do much better now I understand how a forum works. Sorry that Alan, like me, has to pay five euros for the Sunday Times and get it a day late!!
Wonderful weather in SW France.
Back to the Mephisto!!
Bob
14 of 14  -   Report This Post