CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bob

9th August 2009, 19:14
Jerry/Alan,
Any idea what the TV show is in 1A? Not a French one and if it isn't sport I probably am lost!!! Cannot even use "stage" and "launch" alternatives to set me off!!
With thanks,
Bob
1 of 14  -   Report This Post

jimb

9th August 2009, 19:36
bob

If you want to seek advice/help from this forum then I suggest that you GIVE ALL THE FRIGGIN' INFO ON NUMBER OF WORDS/LETTERS, OK?

However, if you are directing your plea just to Jerry and Alan, then send them a friggin' Email or restrict your posts to AB.

Yours, with maximum restraint,

Jimb
2 of 14  -   Report This Post

jimc

9th August 2009, 19:42
Bob.

Apologies for JimB's irascible temper, but I do agree with his sentiment as it would be great to keep this site open to all.

The answer is probably COUNTDOWN - which I would think you have already heard of.

JimC

P.S. The clue is TV show's stage before launch (9)
3 of 14  -   Report This Post

alan

9th August 2009, 19:45
Hi Bob,

Wish I could help but I have only just started 2554 and nothing springs immediately to mind for 1a.

I'll reply again if I solve it.

In nine days we'll be off to our 'maison secondaire' in France for a couple of months. We hope the weather in the Haute Savoie continues to be as excellent as it has been recently. I should still be on-line but will not be picking up the Sunday Times until Monday each week (at great expense of course !).

Regards,
Alan
4 of 14  -   Report This Post

jimb

9th August 2009, 20:01
Alan

Enjoy

JimB
5 of 14  -   Report This Post

campanilla

9th August 2009, 20:17
Who has rattled my Jimbo's cage today? Shame on you.
6 of 14  -   Report This Post

bob

9th August 2009, 20:30
Dear JimB,
My sincere apologies. I have only ever had responses from Jerry or Alan but cannot send them an e-mail and do not understand AB. Probably my age. Will try to do better in future or just give up.
Bob
7 of 14  -   Report This Post

bob

9th August 2009, 20:31
Dear JimB,
My sincere apologies. I have only ever had responses from Jerry or Alan but cannot send them an e-mail and do not understand AB. Probably my age. Will try to do better in future or just give up.
Bob
8 of 14  -   Report This Post

campanilla

9th August 2009, 20:38
Hi Bob, don't even think of giving up, we need all the people we can get. You'll get the hang of it in no time. JimB is really the nicest man, just having an off day, probably something to do with the ashes or the cinders or the coaldust or something of that ilk, anyway to do with cricket I think.

Regards,
9 of 14  -   Report This Post

jimb

9th August 2009, 22:41
Bob

Campo is spot on, as usual. As well as the ashes debacle, ManU were cheated out of victory in the Charity Shield today. I know it is only a Mickey Mouse trophy but justice was not done today

JimB
10 of 14  -   Report This Post