CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

theambler

1st December 2011, 10:26
Hi all
Is anyone into the Enigma math/Arith puzzles
Especially 1673
Kind Regs
THEA
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

1st December 2011, 10:31
Where do we find them?
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

scarlett

1st December 2011, 11:23
Surely the number that's "just divisble by 8" is also "divisble by 2" or is it the same number?
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

theambler

1st December 2011, 22:41
Hi Sudokulover,Rambler and scarlett
Thanks for posting the link Rambler ( BTW are you my long lost brother Reinhart????)
Scarlett Yes
And number div by 9 is div by 3
Number div by 8 is div by 4 & 2
And any number div by 72 is div by them all bar the 5. So one number could do for five conditions, one number for the 5 and the other 4 numbers could be primes
Basically im wallowing
YRS THEA
Am searching for some analytic method to rule things in and out.
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

rambler

1st December 2011, 22:51
That's quite spooky- I just looked in before going to bed and your thread came to life, THEA. I'm not doing the exercise, I just posted the link as a help. Is Reinhart some one who used to be on the forum before I joined,I'm interested why you think I am he.
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

1st December 2011, 23:02
R. AMBLER?
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

rambler

1st December 2011, 23:02
Off to bed now and find out about Reinhart tomorrow.
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

rambler

1st December 2011, 23:08
Don't you just wish you could retract posts sometimes. Let your guard down for a moment, foget to look behind you and you're nobbled. Good one,THEA.
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

1st December 2011, 23:22
jws did the same to me today in your thread, rambler. I told trevor I'd trade him two Mormons for three JWs, and shortly thereafter jws posted remarking that I thought he was worth two thirds of a mormon. I thought "oops", and it really took a frighteningly long while to get it.
10 of 13  -   Report This Post