CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

26th November 2011, 13:53
Dear Wendy: Though you asked for Nordic names, I should have pointed out that Gosta is really a Swedish one, whereas Gunnar goes both ways (Swedish and Norwegian I mean, teehee), and you wouldn't want one of your charges to undergo an identity crisis. Scandinavians take their names very seriously; Stockholm shrinks used to get a lot of business from people who weren't christened with their official name-day ones. Anyway, I wouldn't want to be responsible for leading your cat into a life of crime, raiding Normandy, etc. Hallvor is nice! Thought you'd enjoy this:
http://www.nordicnames.de/w/index.php?title=Category:Norwegian_Male_Names&pagefrom=Go
1 of 2  -   Report This Post

wendy

26th November 2011, 15:31
Aristo,

Thanks very much for a brilliant link!! We'll have a lot of fun with it.

However, I don't see what's wrong with teaching them (they'll be two brothers) to invade Normandy - our Queen is their Duke, of course, but it would be nice to have one of our very own in the Channel Islands!

Do you know that what's really funny is that the ad at the bottom of my monitor says:
www.viking-direct.co.uk

Needless to say I've resisted the urge to click on it.

Thanks again.
2 of 2  -   Report This Post