CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rap3000

24th November 2011, 13:00
Hello. I've just completed PE 457 in a record (for me)half an hour. My query is; what's the best way to submit my prize-winning entry? I've squeezed my details into the tiny gap above the crossword and posted it but I can envisage my entry subsumed by vast sackfuls of other mail. I've also emailed a long, numbered list of the answers but this also feels unsatisfactory. It's a small ambition but I'd love to see my name in the winner's slot one day, and short of phoning Ian Hislop to make sure it's got there safely, I'm out of ideas. Any hints?
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

sallyw

24th November 2011, 16:07
Hi, I have always scanned the completed crossword into my computer then copied and pasted it in an email. (Never won though). I think that listing answers in an email is probably as good a way as any.
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

gok wan acolytes

24th November 2011, 19:14
I hate it when they give you no room for your name and address!! Especially when they put " Don't forget to give us your name and address"

For The Private Eye and The Daily Mail I put my details on a sticky label, the kind you can get in stationary shops, and put it on the back.
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

gok wan acolytes

24th November 2011, 19:16
ps I HAVE won the Private Eye Crossword!
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

gok wan acolytes

24th November 2011, 19:18
You know... those shops that don't move!

stationEry!!
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

rap3000

24th November 2011, 21:31
Many thanks sallyw and AA (I mean dot dash dot dash...). Unfortunately I don't own a scanner but if I can catch one of those shops I'll stock up on Post-It notes.
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

pastille

24th November 2011, 22:02
...and have you ever thought of slipping a crisp new £10 note in with your entry???

Corruption and bribery, nothing like it.
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

gok wan acolytes

24th November 2011, 23:41
No... I just buy blank labels and hand write them.
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

ajt1

25th November 2011, 00:02
labels: You must have a computer or you wouldn't be here. It's very simple to print pages of self-addressed labels
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

gok wan acolytes

25th November 2011, 00:22
Yeah, I used to, including labels to address crosswords to various papers, but they keep changing the addresses and magazines come and go, and although I'm not planning to move house and change address myself at the moment, I just hand write address stickers as I need them.

And it does give a space to clearly give your details when the crossword publishers haven't ... which is what rap3000 was asking
10 of 10  -   Report This Post