CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

19th November 2011, 04:13
Thought you might enjoy this, if you're able to view it. (Tried to watch your joke program and a message appeared saying that it couldn't be viewed outside the UK- didn't even know it was possible to restrict it.)
http://video.pbs.org/video/1097935833/
1 of 18  -   Report This Post

rambler

19th November 2011, 12:05
Hi aristo

I've tried to watch your link but I get a message saying there are 'technical difficulties'. Don't know if it's them or that my rather old computer can't cope. Enjoying some Catachurian in the background.

Regards r
2 of 18  -   Report This Post

tonyw

19th November 2011, 14:02
me too,no luck.It just says unavailable,I guess it must be the same as the other way.
3 of 18  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

19th November 2011, 15:43
Who knew? Anyway, it's the first episode of a wonderful series on American Indians- this one about interaction between the English and Wampanoags, including the fascinating King Philip's War. Some of the dialogue is in Nipmuc. Perhaps if you google We Shall Remain: After the Mayflower you can find a workable link to it. A special enticement: it shows how the Indians used trained fisher cats to wipe out the English dropkick-dog population.
4 of 18  -   Report This Post

tonyw

19th November 2011, 15:53

pastille

19th November 2011, 16:00
And also, I just googled We shall remain and the first entry took you straight to pbs.
It looks as if you can watch all episodes there.

I am looking forward to a miserable rainy day to have an excuse to watch. Looks fascinating.

Thanks Mr A.
6 of 18  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

19th November 2011, 16:05
Thanks, tonyw. The YouTube link seems to have just the intro; the first episode is about an hour and a quarter long. Perhaps pastille's approach is the way to go.
7 of 18  -   Report This Post

rambler

19th November 2011, 16:28
Thanks tonyw and pastille. I hope the BBC buys the series.

aristo, the Royal Mail has issued its latest 'Kings and Queens' series of stamps. The 76p stamp, which is needed for letters to the American colonies, features a haughty image of George III. Insult or symptom of modern education?
8 of 18  -   Report This Post

pastille

19th November 2011, 16:34
Ouch...I think it's a tad indelicate.
9 of 18  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

19th November 2011, 16:41
rambler: Perhaps it's payback for the Elvis stamp.
10 of 18  -   Report This Post