CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

8th November 2011, 13:40
Good Afternoon, All.

Not too difficult this week, unless like me, you believe Radio Times when it says that 12 across is 5 letters and 6 letters. It is actually 6 and 6. I just spent half an hour of what was left of my life trying to work out the answer on the basis of what was given. (Mrs P just told me to quit moaning, so I guess I had better do as I am told).

Hope you are all in good spirits. Best wishes to all, especially those who are unwell.

P.
1 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th November 2011, 13:58
Hello Pipesmoker
First of all, I wish you well at the five-star hotel this week. All the best to you, and also to Old gal, Navigator and any others who are feeling a bit down.
I am so pleased you have put things straight with 12a as I have been struggling with that one. Still have no idea, nor for 3d which is probably a programme I have never seen ! I still have 3 to solve, but am having a bad brain-day
Till later
Jazzgirl
2 of 58  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

8th November 2011, 14:05
Hi, Jazzgirl,

Thanks for your good wishes. I am off tomorrow for my top up.

3 down, is a programme about cars and is repeated endlessly on Dave. It is the one which does not feature Tiff Needell.

Hope your day gets better.

P
3 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th November 2011, 14:17
Thanks pipesmoker.
I can't believe I missed 3d as I actually watch it! It was the 5th which I took as a channel rather than the other thing!
J
4 of 58  -   Report This Post

magworth

8th November 2011, 16:25
Hi Jazzgirl
I too was thrown by the 5/6 of 12 ac - I was sure I knew the answer but needed 6 letters - then I actually counted the spaces ! The answer is Patsy from Absolutely Fabulous. The first two letters are the name of another female comedian.
5 of 58  -   Report This Post

mondrian

8th November 2011, 16:33
Best wishes to you Pipesmoker for your top up treatment at SGH. You say you always feel better afterwards even if the treatment is very difficult to endure.

Jazz girl - having 3 clues left to solve does not count as having a bad-brain day in my book! So far I think I have solved 3!! Now that IS a bad-brain day!
6 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th November 2011, 17:09
Hi Magworth and Mondrian
Thanks for the hint Magworth. I spotted it just after I saw it was 6,6. I was very slow on that one!
Have now finished, but made an error on 23a which I thought was irate, as the letters were in the clue, but found it wasn't after failing to spot 14d.
7 of 58  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

8th November 2011, 17:53
Good evening all,

It's been a miserably-grey day here in Cheshire [I think I speak for the whole county] and so I've amused myself with the crossword. Fortunately, I spotted the error fairly quickly and so, unlike Pipesmoker, I didn't waste too much time on that clue.

I hope you have a good day tomorrow, Pipesmoker [if you see what I mean] and my best wishes to Old Gal and Navigator. While I was lying in the bath yesterday morning [I know - too much information], I suddenly realised that Karen seems to have left us and it made me wonder whether, having at long last received her prize from the Radio Times,
she's thrown in the towel.

With kind regards,

Caravaggio
8 of 58  -   Report This Post

lainey

8th November 2011, 19:13
Good evening all, yes a miserable day here - but the River Ver is now flowing again! Have completed the crossword but can anyone explain the anagram in 7D as the letters do not seem to work. I think I must have the correct answer as it is the only one that will fit!

My best wishes to you all, especially those undergoing treatment or not feeling too well.

LAINEY
9 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th November 2011, 19:18
Hello Lainey
re 7d, I feel sure there is only one answer, however, like you I'm not sure where 3 letters come from, apart from the sad angels!
10 of 58  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 46