CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sudokulover

7th November 2011, 09:59
Nothing special for such a special number, but some quite good clues in there!
1 of 16  -   Report This Post

gaperon

7th November 2011, 10:14
Well I'm struggling, albeit not as much as with the two anniversary archives!!
2 of 16  -   Report This Post

neilm

7th November 2011, 11:27
I admit to being a bit dissaponted as I was looking forward to something a bit more imaginative for 25,000.
3 of 16  -   Report This Post

brackendale

7th November 2011, 15:03
I too was disappointed that today's crossword had no reference in clues or solutions to the fact that it was number 25,000. I did think it was more difficult than usual and, in fairness to The Times, they did have an interesting article and a section of the Editorial to mark the occasion.

The article mentions that Puzzle number 5,000 and Puzzle number 15,000 are on The Times website today (thetimes.co.uk/puzzles)
Has anyone managed to find these puzzles? If anyone has can they please let me know where they found them - I have been unsuccessful in my search,
4 of 16  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

7th November 2011, 16:07
Hello Brackendale - the puzzles are on the Times Crossword Club Site - I could email them to you if you like??
5 of 16  -   Report This Post

brackendale

7th November 2011, 16:42
Thanks for the offer, Sudokolover.

In fact I subscribe to The Times Crossword Club but normally I only use the website when I am out of the country as we have The Times delivered every day at home. I never thought to use the club website as today's paper gives the clear impression that the two crosswords are freely available to everyone.

I have now visited the website and have printed off the two crosswords.

Thank Again.
6 of 16  -   Report This Post

rusty

7th November 2011, 21:16
Dont know if you noticed, but there is a hidden message in 25,000.
7 of 16  -   Report This Post

joan

7th November 2011, 21:30
I didn't see it till late on in the afternoon - I would rather have had a better crossword!
8 of 16  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

7th November 2011, 21:50
Ah yes, just seen it, I was looking in the answers not the clues! Clever!
9 of 16  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

7th November 2011, 21:52