CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

helenb

31st October 2011, 16:18
See bad weather striking the east of the USA with loss of life and power - hope Aristophanes is keeping safe and warm.
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

wendy

31st October 2011, 16:22
Oh surely not again!

I wish him well too.
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

sallyw

31st October 2011, 16:45
Me also.
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

31st October 2011, 17:02
Just checked in, and there you were! Yes, we had a "poltergust" come up the coast, and parts of Massachusetts got three feet of snow! We lucked out and got only a few inches, but most trees are still in full leaf so there are power lines down wherever you look. There's perhaps nothing else in the world quite as breathtaking as autumn in New England (well, in the foliage department). The transformation is sometimes complete in September, but almost every tree in sight is still green! Very, very strange. Anyway, we have power, but millions don't (including many of our neighbors). We're having deprived friends over for dinner, since they're freezing at home, and it just struck me as I was putting candlesticks on the table that they've perhaps had enough of this to last them for a while. Also preparing for the onslaught of goblins. Happy Halloween!
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

wendy

31st October 2011, 17:06
Aristo, well done to HelenB for spotting the weather and well done to you for keeping warm and dry.

And as for the goblins...

http://www.virtualdirtygirl.com/halloween/granny_halloween.swf

5 of 6  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

31st October 2011, 17:26
Thanks for the video, Wendy- clearly not taking advantage of what Victoria's Secret advertises as "The World's Most Advanced Bra" (quite the claim, don't you think?).
6 of 6  -   Report This Post