CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lionheart

13th October 2011, 13:27
Phew what a whopper! A jumbo crossword to distract you from other, more important things that you should be doing ;)

http://crossword.info/Lionheart/Cryptic_0007_Jumbo
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

wendy

13th October 2011, 15:20
My goodness!

I can't wait to hear Matron's comments when she sees the size of that one!

Unfortunately for me, I'm deeply involved in pickling onions for Christmas and unless I'm to chop off my fingers in the process will have to let it wait awhile.

Looking forward to it!
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

lionheart

13th October 2011, 17:50
Quite right Wendy, you don't want to be tackling anything this big while holding a knife in the other hand! We don't want any mishaps ;)

Oh and btw, pickled onions and christmas are possibly my two least favourite things apart from Piers Morgan and the plague!

Happy pickling and I hope you enjoy the puzzle :)
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

13th October 2011, 18:06
It certainly is a big one, I shall tackle it later!
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

lionheart

13th October 2011, 18:22
haha sallyw, enjoy :)
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

13th October 2011, 18:34
I'm sure I will!
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

r ambler

13th October 2011, 19:08
Thank goodness somebody else hates the C word.
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

13th October 2011, 20:09
Dearest Lionheart! I am thoroughly enjoying your "James Bond Special"---exactly in the middle of it in fact---but just for the sake of correctness (this will surely earn me the title of GREATEST PEDANT OF ALL TIME)the figure quoted somewhere has to be 31,536,000 ! I only noticed it because I first tried dividing it by the obvious numbers and it didn't work out.Silly, I know. I like your type of punning etc.,so PLEASE don't take this as any more than a tiny correction!No hard feelings, I hope!!!
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

lionheart

13th October 2011, 20:29
@ mog...I'll join you in a pint of humbug ;)

@greedy kite...haha, love it!! You're absolutely right! I did it on the calculator so I must have just typed it out wrong. Pedantry is a virtue I wholly admire :)
Thanks for the kind words, glad you're enjoying them!
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

13th October 2011, 21:13
Must admit I "cheated" on the last 3 for a few letters,but altogether that was great! Keep up the good work!
10 of 13  -   Report This Post