CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

caravaggio

11th October 2011, 12:32
Good afternoon all,

I suggested to Pipesmoker in an earlier post this morning that I might make an early start on the crossword but I didn't think that I would finish it so quickly.

Either I was inspired or I was lucky but I particularly liked 16a for the use of the almost-obsolete synonym for 'outside' [think of the hymn 'There Is A Green Hill']. 3d is a clever anagram of the first three words and , for 13d, the answer is actually two dots...

With best wishes to you all and particularly to those of you who are not well at the moment,

Caravaggio
1 of 65  -   Report This Post

mamya

11th October 2011, 12:45
What a lovely post to read on this grey day, I too wish everyone well and a happy puzzling day.

Mamya ♥
2 of 65  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

11th October 2011, 13:06
Mamya:

How nice of you to add a comment. I'm well aware of your immeasurable contributions to this site and long may they continue.

I'm just a little taken aback that you've logged on to the Forum at this time of day!

In an earlier post, I referred to the 'gunmetal grey skies' and it's not getting any better; in fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see the street lights come on...

With best wishes to you too,

Caravaggio
3 of 65  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

11th October 2011, 13:15
Good afternoon all
Very well done caravaggio for completing the RT so speedily.
I have just picked up my copy and am heading for a seat in the garden with my lunch. It is a very pleasant 17c degreees here and sunny.
My best wishes to Navigator who I hope is doing well, also Old Gal and Pipesmoker.
I may be back for some help later, but thanks caravaggio for the clue on 16A .

4 of 65  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

11th October 2011, 14:36
Well, I've finished in record time.
It took me a while to figure out where Mum was concerned in 16A until I remembered "be like Dad" :)
Off to do a bit of gardening to recover.
5 of 65  -   Report This Post

mondrian

11th October 2011, 15:14
For once we do not have gunmetal grey skies here - lovely blue ones!! Have only just bought my Radio Times. I did notice that the prizewinner lives in Warwickshire. Made me think of you Old gal and hope you are doing well (health wise). Likewise for Pipesmoker and Navigator. Read your posts in the previous site Pipesmoker. As usual full of your lovely humour. Off home now for a cup of tea and a start to the Xword. No doubt I should have to consult you all eventually!
6 of 65  -   Report This Post

sloopjohnb

11th October 2011, 16:59
Hi all,

I'm new to these forums so please be patient. All done bar one. I'm stuck on one clue 7a ?o?o?, Not sure if the answer is a person or another word for alternative! If alternative is part of the answer I can only thing of opt or bod. Hope this makes sense :) Any pointers?
7 of 65  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

11th October 2011, 17:09
welcome sloopjohnb
7a the answer is a "person giving" and the ""alternative" bit is "or".hope this helps?
8 of 65  -   Report This Post

sloopjohnb

11th October 2011, 17:13
Thanks - its easy when you know!! Much appreciated.
9 of 65  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

11th October 2011, 17:17
Hi Jazzgirl,

Looking at the times of your two previous posts, you did get a move on, didn't you?

I'm glad that you've had some decent weather because, as you'll have gathered from my posts, it's been very unpleasant in Cheshire today and you're on the South Coast if I'm not mistaken.

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
10 of 65  -   Report This Post