CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bob

27th July 2009, 16:01
Help from Jerry or Alan needed!! Cannot get going with this one so any help on 1A and 7A? I think I understand 2D but cannot get it to fit (lackadaisies??)
Regards
Bob
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

jerry

27th July 2009, 17:27
Hi Bob,
1a is ULSTERED as in NI ed,an Ulster is a coat.
7a ALAP a lamp with the m wasted,it is the introductory section of a raga.
Trust you are well,did you see anything of the Tour de France?
Best wishes,
Jerry
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

jerry

27th July 2009, 17:31
p.s. LACKADAISES is correct
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

bob

27th July 2009, 18:04
Thanks pal,
I followed the Tour every day live or with highlights (Eurosport) It helps me get to know France. Did not pass close to me this year but I have enjoyed being at stage finishes and starts etc in the past. The star for me was Bradley Wiggins and I was sad that he did not get third.
Back to Mephisto in between betting on Bet365, Cricket (Kent to beat Durham!!) and Speedway (Lakeside to beat Coventry?)
My sincere thanks again. Finished Mephisto 2551 last weekend with no problems - must have been the Bodega in Villeréal last night (very late to bed!!)causing my addled brain today.
Regards
Bob
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

bob

27th July 2009, 22:19
Finished, Jerry, with your push!!!15D has to be CHECHAQUO althouht I wish I understood all of the wordplay - particularly the CHECH bit in relation to the wording of the clue. Lost on the speedway - won on a cricket double re Kent and Sussex!!
Bon nuit
Bob
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

jerry

28th July 2009, 11:48
Morning Bob,
I wish I too got the wordplay in this clue,I can
only see part of check and part of quod.I have to
say since Alan put me onto the AZED,that it is
better than the Mephisto inasmuch that notes to the previous puzzle are given.
Sorry you lost part of your dosh,Cavendish as much
as he can be obnoxious,was the star for me!
Bon chance mon ami,
Jerry
6 of 6  -   Report This Post