CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jws

5th October 2011, 21:39
Can somebody give me a hint with 15D please?
The clue is "Here a parliamentary official's behind court process, finally plugging deficiency" (8)
The only letter I hvae is possibly P in 5th place.
I've read the earlier thread and done about half of this puzzle but am now stuck.

Many thanks
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

5th October 2011, 21:43
Hi jws, the definition is quite a long one, at the start of the clue
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

jws

5th October 2011, 21:49
thanks mrs trellis, I think I get it now
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

liz

6th October 2011, 16:00
First time of trying the Genius - think the title put me off (I'm clearly not one). Still, managed everything except for 3,4 (I love going through rubbish in port- 4,6). Nothing I can find seems to make any sense, so assume I am wrong elsewhere. Any help please. Thanks.
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

peterm

6th October 2011, 16:17
3,4 is one of the themed answers. The port is a southern England seaside town. The "tasty" bit is the first word.
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

liz

6th October 2011, 20:14
Thanks for the 'nudge'. Still working at it - clearly my brain is not in gear today.
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

7th October 2011, 01:57
Liz:in case you're still tearing your hair out---and I did,too,on this one---try thinking of either a Greek kind of bread or of Lawrence of Arabia!!!
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

liz

7th October 2011, 06:19
Thanks for that - I now have the answer but am sitting in the corner GROANING at the appaling pun. No wonder I had trouble with it. Thanks again!
8 of 8  -   Report This Post